Page 42 of 147 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Thread: Pg27uq

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmaster5000 View Post
    I dont know how to feel about the fact that they have not released a price for the monitors yet. Due to this thread hitting the media and becoming popular, I wonder if the marketing team has been reading at all, and if it will effect the North American pricing whatsoever. It's obvious they blew alot of money on R&D. If this monitor ends up being like 1500 dollars, that would be craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. 2000 USD is definitely reasonable considering it to be "first of it's kind". Anymore and you get an exponential decrease in sales, you'd probably make more profit off selling more units at a lower price, since people who can afford this monitor tend to be wealthy enough to have quite a setup. I see ALOT of people on other forums saying they would buy multiple monitors if the price is 2k or less.

I am more curious to see if the monitor simply costs alot to make (attempt to justifying a 3K USD price tag) or they are just trying to pay off the R&D. Then again, I think AUO decides the panel prices and ASUS/Acer decide how much profit to make.
    I have a Feeling all will be revealed tomorrow with that announcement, but from what I remember the Fald is really pushing up the cost and having HDR G-sync chip is already adding its own expense. also that overclock3d page puts it well "Though judging from the pricing of today's fully featured HDR 10 televisions it is unlikely that they will be considered cheap or affordable by most PC gamers. "

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkies View Post
    Speaking of price how can we be about 2 weeks out without an official price, is it going to be THAT bad?

they should reveal price before launch but they might let the monitor go live before revealing the price.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Damn, never been more excited for a ROG product. This monitor will live or die depending on the price and its HDR performance.

Quote Originally Posted by deadchip12 View Post
    Damn, never been more excited for a ROG product. This monitor will live or die depending on the price and its HDR performance.
    this is the first time I'm more excited for a monitor instead of a video card the 1180 will have to beat the titan v in performance for me to even consider it

Last edited by ahobanger; 05-08-2018 at 03:12 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array briansu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubba123 View Post
    this is the first time I'm more excited for a monitor instead of a video card the 1180 will have to beat the titan v in performance for me to even consider it
    I highly doubt that. 1180 Ti maybe....

ROG Guru: White Belt Array MarshallR PC Specs
    MarshallR PC Specs
    MotherboardR5E10
    Processori7-5960X @ 3.95
    Memory (part number)HyperX 3300CL16 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Strix 1080 Ti OC
    Sound CardSupremeFX
    MonitorASUS PA328Q
    Storage #1SM951 NVMe (OS)
    Storage #2SM941 ACHI (Splash) / 8TB WD Red (Data) / 1TB Samsung 950 Pro (Games Store)
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken x62
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplySeasonic PD750W
    Keyboard G.Skill KM560 (MX Red)
    Mouse ROG Gladius (Gen1) & Sica (Gen1)
    Headset/Speakers Creative T20
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterRT-N16U (120M/10M)
    Accessory #1 2 meters RGB bling
    Accessory #2 iPhone 8Plus + AirPods

Quote Originally Posted by bubba123 View Post
    the 65 inch BFGD is releasing 4k 120hz summer 2018 built in nvidia shield va panel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO869Ck7IwI
    Summer in the Southern Hemisphere you mean?

Unfortunately OC3D have called it too soon. Latest news today is that we're unlikely to launch until June sorry (and again, this can change). There are ongoing firmware tweaks in cooperation with our pals at Nvidia. As soon as bugs are squished and experience is tested A+ it gets sent to the factory. You can either have it fast, or have it done right. And you'd be more upset to buy it and discover we hadn't done the best job we could.

EDIT forgot winky

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR View Post

Unfortunately OC3D have called it too soon. Latest news today is that we're unlikely to launch until June sorry (and again, this can change). There are ongoing firmware tweaks in cooperation with our pals at Nvidia. As soon as bugs are squished and experience is tested A+ it gets sent to the factory. You can either have it fast, or have it done right. And you'd be more upset to buy it and discover we hadn't done the best job we could.
    Yes please. Take your time to perfect every single tiny thing. I don't mind waiting a little more considering the fact that I have been waiting for more than 2 years already lol. What's important is the monitor is in absolute best condition when I receive it.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    kevinmaster5000 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS IX CODE
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB 3000MHz CL15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    MonitorAsus VG278H
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Mushkin Enhanced Reactor SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X52
    CaseCorsair 570X
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser PC 363D
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR View Post

Hey MarshallR, is it possible to have 4:4:4 chroma with 10 bit running above 98hz+ and HDR off? Or does turning off HDR also bring it back down to 8bit?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array briansu's Avatar

ditto

Page 42 of 147 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast