cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New home for rampage V with dual psu

aorti268
Level 7
Hey guys I am looking to rebuild my system and need help finding a case that can hold two psus. I am running *third 1080tis with the all in one water coolers. Please toss out any good case ideas as the one I currently have is the*thermaltake x9 it’s not the best built *case I want something a little skinner to.
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi aorti268

Welcome to the ROG forum !

You shouldn't need two power supplies, your Corsair AX1500i is plenty for three 1080 Ti's and the rest of your system even if you overclock.

Axle_Grease
Level 7
aorti268 wrote:
Hey guys I am looking to rebuild my system and need help finding a case that can hold two psus. I am running *third 1080tis with the all in one water coolers. Please toss out any good case ideas as the one I currently have is the*thermaltake x9 it’s not the best built *case I want something a little skinner to.

The Corsair Obsidian 900D.

Oh, wait... Slimmer?? NOT the 900D.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown

I'm using the Rampage V Extreme with:
6 Seagate BarraCuda Pros.
2 SSD Samsung 850 Pro Raid0
1 M.2 Boot Drive

My power is Corsair HX 850I with no problems.
Bob

red454
Level 11
Thermaltake Core X9.

I am using it with two PSUs, but I also have two motherboards in this case. My RVE is in the standard location, and I made some mounting provisions to add my old Maximus IV-Gene Z as a FreeNAS server. I had to get another external I/O panel from the Mfgr. It all works well.
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro