cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG z370-f Ai Suite not installing, aura cant see mobo leds and controlling the fans

alpgeem
Level 7
So i know the title sucks but i couldnt find a better one.
i built a new system recently on my new Evolv ATX case which is the first that i have seen a PWM hub.
on that case there 's:
Asus Rog z370-F Mobo,
Samsung evo950 Nvme(migrated the OS from my old Samsung Evo 850 SSD)
I5 8600k
8x2 g DDR4 Gskill Ripjaws V
Asus GTX1070
Corsair h80i CPU cooler,
Running on Win 10 64bit
etc.

My first problem was that ASUS AI Suite didnt install on my PC then the AURA couldnt find the MOBO leds(those 2 problems are still there i couldnt fix them but its not the place).
Downloaded the AI suite at least 10 times, tried all the fixes i(google) can find on the internet and still nothing. The AI suite is not installing. Aura software is somehow broken. I updated the BIOS to the latest restarted my PC 34385 times tried to shut down pc completely by removing the cable e.t.c. still The aura software cannot see the Motherboard. it can control the GPU Leds but not the MOBO.

The second problem that i want to ask you about is that my old chasis had a dial button which allowed me to control the fan speed without any issues now i cant so my new system is loud AF.
both my CPU cooler and Phanteks PWM HUB said that they should be plugged into the CPU Cooler socket So at first i connected my CPU cooler to the CPU FAN socket on my mobo and the Hub to the Motherboard Fan socket. PC worked fine but i wasnt able to control the fan speeds thru BIOS.(i use the latest firmware) İ talked to a friend and he said that i should change the Cpu coolers socket to the AIO socket on the mobo and change the PWM HUB to CPU FAN socket. i did that and when i tried to restart it gave the error : NO CPU FAN DETECTED.
so i went and changed on the (temp/fan)monitor options IGNORE CPU FAN which is probably stupid but at least i can now turn my pc on without issue . BUT AGAIN i cannot control the fan speeds. they all blow at the max and giving me headache.
What should i do which way is the correct way to do this to be able to control fan speeds thorugh a software please help i really would appreciate it.
regards
19 REPLIES 19

Raja
Level 13
1) Is this a fresh install of the operating system? I'd make sure it is.

2) Try the beta Aura build here.

3) There should be a new version of Aura up soon.

4) Try plugging a fan directly into the CPU header, without using the hub, and then see if you can control it. If you can, the hub may not be comaptible with the board. The hub should only send a tach signal back from one of the attached fans. If it doesn't isolate the tach signal of a lone fan, it can cause issues.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
1) Is this a fresh install of the operating system? I'd make sure it is.

2) Try the beta Aura build here.

3) There should be a new version of Aura up soon.

4) Try plugging a fan directly into the CPU header, without using the hub, and then see if you can control it. If you can, the hub may not be comaptible with the board. The hub should only send a tach signal back from one of the attached fans. If it doesn't isolate the tach signal of a lone fan, it can cause issues.

Thank you for your reply.
1- its not a fresh install i migrated my old OS from ssd to ssd. but i have checked everything i can find about this and everyone who tried a fresh install did it in vain. it didnt help with the problem.
2- i have tried. no luck when i double click the setup icon or run it as an admin a window appears for a brief moment then its gone and nothing happens.
3- ok
4- thanks i ll try

mikex999
Level 7
same here. Ai suite stopped working after the last windows update . I definitely decide to unistall this sht program, too much problems.

mikex999 wrote:
same here. Ai suite stopped working after the last windows update . I definitely decide to unistall this *expletive* program, too much problems.

Keep the expletives out of your posts, please. And try the version I linked above.

Raja
Level 13
I'd try a fresh install for your Ai Suite problem.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
I'd try a fresh install for your Ai Suite problem.

i understand why you think this way but like i said i have read so many things about the same problem. There where many people having the same issue and a fresh OS install didnt help any of them. Most of them tried it because the lack of a proper solution.

i am able to install many complicated programs/games/apps but
AI Suite wont. and the Aura software only launches once in a couple of restarts, and when it does it detects neither the mobo leds nor the new RGB aura compatible phanteks leds.
i can provide videos or photos if you like.

Raja
Level 13
Like I said, you will need to try a fresh install. There is no other way to get the installation working from the situation you are in. Just use a spare drive as a test. In the past, this issue used to occur due to some type of incompatibility with Java. Once you're in this loop, the only to (currently) get out is to reinstall the OS. If you don't want to go through that, then you won't be able to use Ai Suite. Which isn't a huge deal, as you don't really need the software to use the system or setup fans. Make a choice depending on how important this is to you.

hmm ok then lets pass the AI Suite option then.
What about the aura? why can i control the GPU but not the LED strips and the mobo leds?

Raja
Level 13
There were some known issues with the FCU, not sure if that's what's causing your problems or if it's the OS install.