Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    2.0 speakers mode with ROG Centurion.

    Hello everyone.
    Does anybody know how to switch external speakers to 2.0 mode with ROG Centurion sound amplifier?
    I have connected my 2.0 speakers to front green output. It works for me in most scenarious, except those using center channel for audio stream instead of front. Pressing 7.1 button in speakers mode has no effect. Is there some missing firmware functionality?

  2. #2
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    96
    Posts
    1,492

    Connecting the speakers to the audio station is handy for switching from headset to speakers, however it is intended for surround speakers only. There's no with no downmix functionality for stereo speakers. This means you won't be able to hear any other channels if you connect to stereo speakers.

  3. #3
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Connecting the speakers to the audio station is handy for switching from headset to speakers, however it is intended for surround speakers only. There's no with no downmix functionality for stereo speakers. This means you won't be able to hear all the other channels if you connect to stereo speakers.
    That was clear. Hovewer I wish I was able to swith to 2.0 in speakers mode also. I find it a necessary functionality. And i guess it is supported in hardware. So could Asus update firmware to add this functionality?

  4. #4
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    96
    Posts
    1,492

    I'm working with the audio team for the new firmware, and I have addressed this. In the meantime, a beta has been released and we appreciate any feedback.

    Download:
    https://www.asus.com/us/Headphones-H...221.1511925089

    Feedback:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...rion-7-1/page5

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    I'm working with the audio team for the new firmware, and I have addressed this. In the meantime, a beta has been released and we appreciate any feedback.

    Download:
    https://www.asus.com/us/Headphones-H...221.1511925089

    Feedback:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...rion-7-1/page5

    Thanks!
    Will we get the promised functional update ? It is the only thing I am upset about

  6. #6
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    96
    Posts
    1,492

    Quote Originally Posted by turalevro View Post
    Will we get the promised functional update ? It is the only thing I am upset about
    Downmix functionality will be added in the next firmware. I will keep everyone up-to-date. In the meantime, if you have stereo speakers, please connect them to another audio device.

  7. #7
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Downmix functionality will be added in the next firmware. I will keep everyone up-to-date. In the meantime, if you have stereo speakers, please connect them to another audio device.

    Until the possibility of downmixes is implemented, are there any problems if I connect the speakers directly to the motherboard and change the source into Windows 10?

  8. #8
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    96
    Posts
    1,492

    Quote Originally Posted by Lentis View Post
    Until the possibility of downmixes is implemented, are there any problems if I connect the speakers directly to the motherboard and change the source into Windows 10?
    You can connect speakers to the motherboard (probably the green 3.5mm jack) and switch the output whenever you like.

  9. #9
    ROG Junior Member Array vadimzuev90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Downmix functionality will be added in the next firmware. I will keep everyone up-to-date. In the meantime, if you have stereo speakers, please connect them to another audio device.
    Hey, any updates on real stereo support? I got my Centurion a couple of days ago and installed Firmware 1.06. I suppose the downmixing is working since I can hear everything through the speakers? I set "front" to max, however the speakers are still kind of quite and no real bass..
    This is the only major disappointment for me with the device, I think ASUS should have stated "NO STEREO SPEAKERS SUPPORT" in big red text when advertising the product. I was looking for something to replace my dated Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 Digital, and since I have quite powerful stereo speakers mounted on the wall I loved the functionality to switch between headset and speakers with a single button press. The Kave is also a true surround headset; much like the Centurion it has a desk unit with 4 speaker ports, however it also works with stereo speakers providing excellent sound and bass, really miss that with the Centurion

  10. #10
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    96
    Posts
    1,492

    Quote Originally Posted by vadimzuev90 View Post
    Hey, any updates on real stereo support? I got my Centurion a couple of days ago and installed Firmware 1.06. I suppose the downmixing is working since I can hear everything through the speakers? I set "front" to max, however the speakers are still kind of quite and no real bass..
    This is the only major disappointment for me with the device, I think ASUS should have stated "NO STEREO SPEAKERS SUPPORT" in big red text when advertising the product. I was looking for something to replace my dated Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 Digital, and since I have quite powerful stereo speakers mounted on the wall I loved the functionality to switch between headset and speakers with a single button press. The Kave is also a true surround headset; much like the Centurion it has a desk unit with 4 speaker ports, however it also works with stereo speakers providing excellent sound and bass, really miss that with the Centurion
    You can try the custom firmware to have support for stereo speakers.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...er-amp-downmix

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •