Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trident Z 4266MHz - how to run?

Meloman
Level 7
Hello everyone,
My hardware:
- Asus ROG Maximus X Hero (bios v. 1003)
- F4-4266C19D-16GTZA (2x8 GB) - in A2 and B2 slots.
I cannot boot up my system (Win 10 Pro 64) when I set DRAM in XMP mode, so please help, how to run manually?
Which specific BIOS settings should be changed?
DRAM specification:
tCL - 19, tRCD - 19, tRP - 19, tRAS - 39, command rate - 1 (?).
26 REPLIES 26

Raja
Level 13
You wont be able to achieve DDR4-4266 on this board. Better to aim for something between DDR4-3600 to DDR4-3866. Speeds over DDR4-4000 with two-DIMM kits are best suited to the Maximus X Apex. Even then, its better not to run over DDR4-4200, because you have to sacrifice performance.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
You wont be able to achieve DDR4-4266 on this board. Better to aim for something between DDR4-3600 to DDR4-3866. Speeds over DDR4-4000 with two-DIMM kits are best suited to the Maximus X Apex. Even then, its better not to run over DDR4-4200, because you have to sacrifice performance.

True DAT! 😄

Don't these ROGers know the next step up from 3200/14 is the two brand new GSkill kits at 4500/19 and 4600/19?

And they both are not even ready for prime time yet. Even on the Apex 10. Raja is correct.

GO with 3200/14, save some money and tweak it to 4000MHz/13latency if you want to have some real fun, and are willing to put in the time. 😄

Raja@ASUS wrote:

Hmmm.... Raja@ASUS

Why are these memory settings there when the motherboard can not support them? :confused:

Request for YOUR comments please :rolleyes:

swddeluxx wrote:
Hmmm.... Raja@ASUS

Why are these memory settings there when the motherboard can not support them? :confused:

If you don't want to hear from any other ROGers experiences with high speed memory and the Z370 series boards, then just PM Raja Direct.

That's the easiest way. :confused:

MarthaMay wrote:
If you don't want to hear from any other ROGers experiences with high speed memory and the Z370 series boards, then just PM Raja Direct.

That's the easiest way. :confused:

Stop!, you misunderstood me.
Of course I want to listen all opinions but Raja answer would be important wil he is directly from Asus.

swddeluxx wrote:
Stop!, you misunderstood me.
Of course I want to listen all opinions but Raja answer would be important wil he is directly from Asus.

I sowwy. 😮

Thanks everyone, but I've tried early to set up DRAM frequency on 4133 MHz in BIOS - without good result.
My question to settings BIOS:
- XMP in BIOS - on or off?
- DRAM Frequency - set to 4113 MHz or lower.
- DRAM VOLTAGE - set to 1,40V?
- command rate set up to 1T or 2T or auto?
What else? How set up tCL (19), tRCD (19), tRP (19) and tRAS (39) in BIOS?
Can I use MemOK! button to solve my problem?

swddeluxx wrote:
Hmmm.... Raja@ASUS

The ratios are simply part of the platform. Doesn't mean all of them have to work in every config. The question is odd. It's akin to assuming a CPU can do an unconditionally stable 8GHz just because a given ratio or BCLK range is available.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
The ratios are simply part of the platform. Doesn't mean all of them have to work in every config. The question is odd. It's akin to assuming a CPU can do an unconditionally stable 8GHz just because a given ratio or BCLK range is available.

This is my second PC aktuell with Hero X Board without VRM sensor 😞 but very good 8700K oc chip and high Memory Speed (overclocked with Adaptive Vcore and full stable),
My next OC Step is 4266MHz Memory Speed