Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI express configurationv

Amerifaxx
Level 7
I'm using:
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Asus Rampage V Extreme

I need a better understanding on a few things.

1. I am not using any PCI express drives. In the bias event settings I have PCI express configuration set to auto. Not sure what it really is. Besides although I also had a choice of Gen1 or Gen2, again pretty much Greek to me.

2. Also, on the motherboard I believe the last six connections for drives are for for saddle or to eSATA. If I plug a SATA drive into one of the connectors, 9-12, do I have to change any settings in the bias.

3. I have Sata Express_SRIS Support set to auto. My choices were Auto or disabled. What am I actually doing here. What exactly is this supposed to do.

4. Under the Advanced Section, Controller, Support Aggressive Link Power Management. I totally don't know what they're talking about but I have set to Disabled.

5. One more thing when I'm in the bias and exit from EZ mode have an option of Default or Save. Is default before I change any settings within the bias. Not sure what Asus considers Default to be.

I have several other questions but I feel he should be set as a separate topic. It deals more with the actual hard drive. Thank you for taking time to read.

Bob
1 REPLY 1

Menthol
Level 14
Bob
1. that is fine, the board will detect any pcie devices

2. no changes needed except see 3.

3. auto should be fine, this would detect a pcie express drive, if you are connecting a standard sata drive into one of these mentioned in 2. you could set this to disabled

4. disabled is usually default, this would be to save power during sleep or hibernation. best left at disabled to make sure you have no issues with video resuming from sleep etc.

5. I have never been in the Ez mode, I always hit F10 when exiting bios, hit save and exit to keep changed settings so I can assume yes

Les