cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard Temp

Leuts
Level 7
I noticed today today that, in the bios, "motherboard Temperature" is pegged at 127c. I don't recall ever seeing it before but I never really looked at temps unless I was in windows.

I first saw this after updating to the latest beta bios, and then I went back to 3008 and it's still the same. HWInfo64 doesn't seem to report this sensor.

Any ideas?

Edit: CPU-Z is now reporting cpu voltage ranging from .3 to 1.45.....

Changes made in the bios, voltages ect, are not reflected in HWInfo64

Up until today I was running my r5 1600 at 3600mhz, 1.2v all fine and dandy. Guess I'm going to RMA it.
2 REPLIES 2

MeanMachine
Level 13
That is an incorrect sensor reading. At 127C your CPU or MB would be toast by now.
Update your Bios to latest version if not already done so and see if that helps.
Feel the HSF and CPU area, You won't be able to keep your finger there if temps over 80C.
HWInfo64 is a good package and usually true unless there's something wrong with Bios or the CPU.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
That is an incorrect sensor reading. At 127C your CPU or MB would be toast by now.
Update your Bios to latest version if not already done so and see if that helps.
Feel the HSF and CPU area, You won't be able to keep your finger there if temps over 80C.
HWInfo64 is a good package and usually true unless there's something wrong with Bios or the CPU.

I just did, the newest beta and 3008.

HWinfo64 is reporting 1.41v even though I set cpu voltage to 1.2.

I went and pulled the MB out. Picked up a new one at microcenter.... I don't own a cable box so the pc is all I have as far as any sort of entertainment goes. I'll talk to someone at asus tomorrow.

https://imgur.com/a/6Vddb