Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

My Issues with GPU Tweak II

Hello! I've made an account just to post my bug report with this version. I'm running on Windows 7 x64 updated till December 2017. My GPU is a STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-4GD5

1. Changing profile from Silent to Gaming sometimes shows wrong clock core. I think I read about this in an older post.
    2. This one applies to all the versions so far. I run Gpu Tweak II at Start-up and minimized. After a few days it disappears from the Taskbar. That's because Windows tasks are automatically set to terminate after running for 3 days. A fix for that is to uncheck "Stop the task if it runs longer than - 3 days". Would be great if this was included by the developers in the next versions.
    3. Uninstalling Gpu Tweak II doesn't uninstall Asus Com Service (atkexComSvc.exe). The service is still there and also the files are not deleted when uninstalling. I don't know if this was just my case because Windows doesn't have the latest Kernel patch for Meltdown or if there was another problem with this Asus Com Service. Whenever I restarted my PC once entering desktop the network connection would be unresponsive for about 1 minute. After that everything worked fine. Event Viewer was showing repeated errors for this service. It would not start even manually. So I uninstalled Gpu Tweak and noticed the network issue still persisted. That's how I've noticed the service never got deleted. After deleting the service from the registry everything was back to normal. The previous version works without any issues for me so I'll stick with that for now.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

Quote Originally Posted by the1brainiac View Post
    Hello! I've made an account just to post my bug report with this version. I'm running on Windows 7 x64 updated till December 2017. My GPU is a STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-4GD5

1. Changing profile from Silent to Gaming sometimes shows wrong clock core. I think I read about this in an older post.
    2. This one applies to all the versions so far. I run Gpu Tweak II at Start-up and minimized. After a few days it disappears from the Taskbar. That's because Windows tasks are automatically set to terminate after running for 3 days. A fix for that is to uncheck "Stop the task if it runs longer than - 3 days". Would be great if this was included by the developers in the next versions.
    3. Uninstalling Gpu Tweak II doesn't uninstall Asus Com Service (atkexComSvc.exe). The service is still there and also the files are not deleted when uninstalling. I don't know if this was just my case because Windows doesn't have the latest Kernel patch for Meltdown or if there was another problem with this Asus Com Service. Whenever I restarted my PC once entering desktop the network connection would be unresponsive for about 1 minute. After that everything worked fine. Event Viewer was showing repeated errors for this service. It would not start even manually. So I uninstalled Gpu Tweak and noticed the network issue still persisted. That's how I've noticed the service never got deleted. After deleting the service from the registry everything was back to normal. The previous version works without any issues for me so I'll stick with that for now.
    Yea. i read somewhere issues on windows 7 with new softwares, Also from other website and friends that stil use legacy OS. Odd, you network ? I read that there are some issues with w7 since last windows update. In fact that was w10 issue that bring the 1.6.0.5 version.

Thanks for the feedback i am sure that developers will check that. Kudos!

New ROGer Array

Maybe from now on since Microsoft updated the kernel there will be issues with some softwares. So far I haven't had any issues with any software. I just reinstalled the OS last week and updated to the latest Gpu Tweak. My computer usually stays on 24/7 so by doing some restarts to make sure everything is in working order I noticed the issue with the network that was unresponsive. A similar behavior appeared in Windows XP when .net Framework 4.0 was introduced. It was fixable using "ngen update" so that was my first thought. Event Viewer was showing a lot of errors on Asus Com Svc immediately after Windows was loaded and the only change introduced in the system was the update of Gpu Tweak. As I've said uninstalling it doesn't help because the uninstaller doesn't delete the service. Once I got rid of it everything was back to normal.
    That's mostly why I decided to post the problem. Even if you uninstall Gpu Tweak if the service and other files still remain they may cause problems with the future versions.

New ROGer Array

GPUTweakII версии 1.6.0.5

Hello. I have a video card ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5.
    Installed GPUTWEAKII version 1360. When run the program with my profile "USER mod1" GPYSPEED 164794%. If switch to the "Gaming Mode" mode, then GPYSPEED becomes 106%. We return to my profile "USER mod1" now GPYSPEED already on my profile of 106%. In games GPYSPEED does not change (constantly shows 106%). What is the reason?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-02-22_01-01-18.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	71867

Today I decided to install GPU Tweak II version 1.6.0.5.
    Faced another problem.
    I went to create my profile only set the parameter GPU Boost Clock to 1253 and make a profile for coolers. Other parameters I do not touch.
    I click the APPLY button and the program itself resets the GPU Boost Clock to 1153 or 1400. What's the reason?

Name:	2018-02-21_22-50-37.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	71868

Name:	2018-02-21_22-49-52.jpg 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	71869

In GPU Tweak II version 1.3.6.0, I have the following in my profile "USER mod1":
    GPU Boost of Clock 01253 (MHZ)
    Max GPU Voltage 01175 (mv)
    Memorial Clock 07010 (MHZ)
    Fan Speed ??00000
    Power Target 00100 (%)
    GPU Temp Target 00079 (C)
    Frame Rate Target 00000 (FPS)

What is the problem?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 2018-02-21_22-50-37.jpg  

Last edited by Rumpelstilzchen; 02-24-2018 at 12:15 AM.

New ROGer Array

GPUTweakII версии 1.6.0.5

The BIOS was updated to version 3703 (motherboard).

Name:	2018-02-24_18-49-09.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	71874

Name:	2018-02-24_18-52-25.jpg 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	71875

Name:	2018-02-24_18-51-37.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	71876

The driver of the video card is the last one. We do not have updates for Windows. The forum hosts screenshots.

ROG Enthusiast Array

If I'm running Heaven 4.0 and my custom profile and exit GPU Tweak 2, the GPU keeps the settings from the custom profile. But If I open the GPU Tweak 2 again while running the Heaven 4.0, it will reset the settings to default and no matter what I do, I can't apply the settings again from my custom profile anymore. To make that possible, I have to shut down the Heaven 4.0 and restart GPU Tweak 2 again. Then the profile works.

Afterburner can change the settings even if Heaven 4.0 is running. Why can't this software do it? I can't believe that every Asus software is this buggy. (I'm typing this with Claymore Core)

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi all

I am having issues with gpu tweak too. I have lost count now of the amount of forced shut downs i have had to preform.

I have tried a few different drivers off of the main site and all show the same issue. https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GPU...Desk_Download/ Current installed driver is the latest 1605 now.

Name:	bQuXlHY.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	72145

The above is how it looks when i click on overclock mode... Notice there is no apply button showing.

Name:	XEZtsLj.png 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	72142

I had to move one of the sliders for the apply button to show. In this case I moved the memory +4 then back to zero and hit apply. Before i hit apply the core clock was reading 0137 +26 but as you can see after hitting apply it changed my core clock to 01549 and + 258

If i manualy set the fan speed this will also change the clock speed to 01549 + 258

Name:	X9dQEWF.jpg 
Size:	207.2 KB 
ID:	72143

When in game there is 0 GPU usage. This i have tested across a few different games.

Name:	lv15qBD.png 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	72144

Matrix 980ti with latest drivers. I have reinstalled theses along with other versions of gpu tweak and this same issue persists.

I ran heaven yesterday and before completing one lap (none benchmark) my gpu had shoot up to 80c again with 0 gpu usage and with the fans set at 70% I have never seen my GPU that hot. Have not had a single issue before with this program but a bit worried that older drivers are doing the same as this new one i have tried 3 different versions now. Like i said at the start i have had to force shut down on my pc so many times now because it just freezes up.

What is going on and how do i fix this??
    Last edited by JustStarting; 03-07-2018 at 04:05 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

So i just logged back into this game and while making some changes on the settings screen without even playing. The fans started ramping up so i opened GPU tweak to be greated with this

I had not even opened the gpu tweak or made any changes at all after a PC reset. Just logged in and loaded the game up. And again 0 GPU usage.

Name:	S1GshPq.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	72147

Its not even in OVC mode and hitting 80c+ I exit the game when it hit 84C normally in the past when this has been working fine in ovc mode with always 3d ovc on i see 1418 locked and this game typically runs around the 60c mark. I didn't notice in my first screen that i had the info tab open.

Name:	HgM1jMx.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	513.7 KB 
ID:	72148

What ever is wrong is cooking my card... And i am not even playing any games!!!!
    Last edited by JustStarting; 03-07-2018 at 12:15 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Deepcuts PC Specs
    Deepcuts PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X HERO BIOS 1901
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K @ 4.7Ghz 1.215V
    Memory (part number)CMR32GX4M4C3466C16 @ 3200Mhz 1.360V
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11GB
    Sound CardCreative Omni 5.1 USB
    MonitorDell 24' S2417DG
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 960 nvme 500 GB
    Storage #2Seagate NAS 8TBx2
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi760
    Keyboard Razer DeathStalker Chroma
    Mouse Razer Abyssus
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterMikrotik

Randomly, even tho I have setup "Apply settings each time GPU Tweak It starts", the setting will not be checked.
    I run it in Gaming Mode, but when this happens, the Gaming Mode is not active/enabled.
    Also, as far as I can tell, because of this I have problems with some games running at very low FPS (20). I need to alt+tab the game to fix the low FPS.
    When Gaming Mode is active, i do not get the low FPS problem. Only when the above mentioned setting is not checked and Gaming Mode is not active.

New ROGer Array

Fan Service Error

I still get the ASUSGPUFanServiceEx.exe has stopped working error after installing the 1.6.0.5 version of GPU Tweak. This was after a fresh install of Windows 10.

Here is my specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700
    ASRock AB350 Pro4
    Asus STRIX GTX 1070 OC 8GB

Windows 10 64bit 1709 build 16299.251

I recently built this system to replace an aging Intel box. I had the same 1.6.0.5 version on that with the same O.S. build. (though Windows 10 was originally installed years ago and upgraded over time. Not sure that has anything to do with it.)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast