cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst RMA experience ever

PatrickF
Level 7
This is now the 4th time I have had to send in my phone because Asus technicians just can't get it right. Here's been my experience:

1st RMA
phone keeps restarting on its own.

2nd RMA
phone keeps restarting on its own.

3rd RMA
phone came back with physical damage from technicians

4th RMA
phone fingerprint sensor not working and home button intermittent

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

I will not accept any more repairs and will not accept a refurbished unit. I want a brand new device in box with new manufacturer warranty. This is ridiculous.

CAA1HC1828
CAA1HB0610
CAA1HB3357
CAA1J11535

My case number is N180155252

I've reached out to Marsha P. and Peggy Lee and still have not heard from either of them. This is unacceptable.
10 REPLIES 10

PatrickF
Level 7
Still no response from RMA in regards to the issue at hand.

So I called in... first person was a waste of time so I asked for a supervisior... supervisor was also a waste of time so I asked for an escalations officer. well what do you guys think.... this guy was also worthless.... I demanded to receive a name new in box phone as it was now the 4th RMA and that it was unacceptable! I asked for my money back but obviously they wouldnt entertain that. so always they them attempted to open an RMA and they tried to send me a Purolator shipping tag. But they couldn't... Said the "system" was having problems so I should call back a little later. so I called back once worth the same outcome... and then called back once more and finally got someone that figured out why it wouldn't send. Anyways I finally got the Purolator tag and sent out my phone for the 4th time!

I will not accept anything other then a new phone. I'll let you guys know what happens next.

you guys know what the ****ty thing about all of this is.....

I have an ASUS laptop, Asus video card, Asus watch.... and none of it ever broke! Great products. I just don't trust the technicians for RMA.

So today I finally got a response from Peggy Lee. Here's what she said...

Hello Patrick,

I have to apologize for the delay in response here. I've been inundated with an unusually high email volume and am working to respond to inquiries as fast as I can. I am sorry for the trouble.

I am sorry to hear there is still issues of the unit. It is our standard procedure to recall the unit back for test and if confirmed a hardware issue, we would consider to have the unit replaced. Please note RMA replacement units may be ASUS re-certified and/or re-manufactured. Any replacement will inherit the warranty of your original product and does not extend or alter your original manufacturer warranty term. We do not provide warranty renewal or refund under any circumstances.

Please kindly send back the unit for testing at your convenience. I will issue the RMA and provide the shipping label for this purpose again.

We do apologize for all the inconvenience may have caused.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Peggy Lee (ACICA)

This is completely unacceptable especially considering that it's the 5th problem that I'm having with the phone and I only have a few months left of warranty. I've kept this phone in perfect condition. In a case with a glass screen protector since day one. Never dropped and kept dry. I obviously received a "lemon device" that was probably manufactured on a Friday afternoon or after a long weekend of drinking!

This i's unacceptable and as I mentioned I will not be accepting a refurbished device. Only a new in box unit with new warranty. If I need to resort to social media then I will. And I will not accept any packages sent to me from the rma location that wold contain a refurbished unit.

If I would have paid on my credit card I would be asking my credit card for a charge back since asus is in possession of my phone and I don't want to deal with this anymore.

Please make it right and send me a new in box unit.

Sorry I didn't mention my device us a ZenFone 3 Deluxe 5.7" ZS570KL 64GB. Probably one of the best phones I've used. But if I cannot receive a new in box device I will be forced to buy from another company. The OnePlus 5T are looking pretty nice and we'll priced as well!

so here's what happened today:

i got an email from proactive care follow up telling me that they have indeed received my laptop.... when I sent my phone! the same phone that I've sent 3 other times consecutively!
then I get a call from someone at Asus California telling me that they have escalated my claim and will send me a refurbished phone, when I've clearly requested a new in box device!

This is getting out of hand.... and I will not receive anything other then a new device in box!

Bill
Level 7
Hello PatrickF
Please keep in mind that this is the ROG forum, specifically for ROG and gaming related products only.
If you have any inquiries regarding ASUS mobile phone model ZS570KL, please post your threads in the Zentalk forum ZS570KL section:
https://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=216
Thank you for using ASUS and have a nice day.

Thank you for replying to me, nobody else has! I've looked at the link you sent me and noticed that many others are having the same issues as I am. Is this the reason why they stopped manufacturing this model?

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello PatrickF
Please keep in mind that this is the ROG forum, specifically for ROG and gaming related products only.
If you have any inquiries regarding ASUS mobile phone model ZS570KL, please post your threads in the Zentalk forum ZS570KL section:
https://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=216
Thank you for using ASUS and have a nice day.