Threaded View

New ROGer Array NLAIV PC Specs
    NLAIV PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G750JW
    MotherboardG750JW Rev 2.1
    ProcessorI7 4700HQ
    Memory (part number)4x Generic 4gb
    Graphics Card #1GeForce GTX 765M
    Graphics Card #2(GeForce GTX780M+Modified JH VGA cooler)
    MonitorOriginal 60Hz
    Storage #1Kingston 240gb
    Storage #2WD Blue 1tb
    CPU CoolerOriginal G750JW
    CaseOriginal G750JW
    Power SupplyOriginal, Asus 180w
    Keyboard G750JW, Nordic
    Mouse Original / Logitech g502
    OS Win 10 home 64bit

G750JW GPU not detected right - after mb replaced, solved for now (thanks Dreamonic)

Hi,

Few months back my JWs motherboard died, and after replacing it, the dedicated gpu was no longer detected right. I know that the gtx765m is fully functional, but not seen right in any test or program that lists the hardware, except aida64. Also, deviceID/instanceID seem to point to the right gpu, but still nvidia drivers refuse the installation.
    Searching through internet did not yield too much information, at least for me. But I am quite sure this has something to do with bios versions between G750J models. The current bios is from G750JH.206. Shouldn't the right one for this laptop be G750JW.210? Asus easyflash through bios gives the error about wrong model, and another suggested method from here and from some other forums, afudos seemed to hang on flash command, not doing anything.

Any ideas how to get the laptop working properly? Help flashing the right bios to the mlb?
    Or do I just have a "powerful" workstation type laptop with abysmal battery life?

Attached image should have everything I managed to dig out about bios and gpu...
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos G750J info.jpg