cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] PG348Q or XG35VQ

nickpham
Level 7
Hi all,

Currently, my rig is 6700k paired with Strix 1070 OC. I want to experience the feeling of using ultrawide monitors and considering these two models PG348Q and XG35VQ.

PG348Q is released in 2016 and has G-Sync with IPS Panel, which is really good!
XG35VQ is about to sell around late Jan 2018 but it has Freesync and VA Panel

I also plan (just plan) to get more powerful VGA for gaming needs in the future. But now, I don't have enough... money to get a new VGA.

Which monitor should I go for? Please give me your suggestions. 😞

Thank you so much.
6 REPLIES 6

cljustin
Level 8
I'd get the PG348Q, since you have a 1070 so you can use GSYNC. Freesync does not work with NVIDIA cards, you'd need an AMD card.

I just got the PG348Q and it runs smooth I came from the acer predator XB241Hu at 165Hz the drop to 100 isnt that bad while it is somewhat noticeable I still enjoy it and its still consistently smooth ... my only gripe is the BLB in all four corners while some is always to be expected I have always had TN panels so I am not sure if this is acceptable or too much I understand it somewhat subjective but man I* just dont understand this being a problem when I just paid out 1200 for a monitor .. I am still throwing up the idea of the XG35VQ while yeh it doesnt have Gsync as long as your getting a consistent frame rate you will still have a butter experience ..
Joshua K

qUAanA
Level 10
I just got a PG348Q today it’s HUGE!.... I played PUBG with 100mhz enabled and I didn’t like it. So this display is clearly not for Gaming.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
qUAanA wrote:
I just got a PG348Q today it’s HUGE!.... I played PUBG with 100mhz enabled and I didn’t like it. So this display is clearly not for Gaming.

What are your system specs? Are you getting average frame rates of up to 100 fps in PUBG?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
What are your system specs? Are you getting average frame rates of up to 100 fps in PUBG?

I’m running a 7700k with a Titan xp. Frames on high settings 100-180. Jumping out of the plane was freaking realistic, landing and Just by quickly looking left and right was a mind job. I think the screen is ridiculously huge, it’s fantastic real estate for your desktop but for FPS games hell’s no
Furthermore, the stand for the monitor pushes this monitor more towards you, and you can’t really push it further back because the rear leg sticks out.
So the screen is close to your eyes. Naaah either get a bigger desk with a lot of depth or get a mount.*

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
qUAanA wrote:
I’m running a 7700k with a Titan xp. Frames on high settings 100-180. Jumping out of the plane was freaking realistic, landing and Just by quickly looking left and right was a mind job. I think the screen is ridiculously huge, it’s fantastic real estate for your desktop but for FPS games hell’s no
Furthermore, the stand for the monitor pushes this monitor more towards you, and you can’t really push it further back because the rear leg sticks out.
So the screen is close to your eyes. Naaah either get a bigger desk with a lot of depth or get a mount.*

Nice specs you've got there, running PUBG shouldn't be an issue for you. That game can be pretty demanding for some maps though, especially at QHD with a single graphics card. If you are unable to look left and right quickly enough then try lowering the detail settings, perhaps the frame rate dips too much and the refresh rate drops along with it. Sounds like your next upgrade should be either a bigger desk or a mount. Not much you can do about the size of the stand if you're too close, the last thing you want is watching your PG348Q do a backflip and there's nothing you can do about it. 🙂