Threaded View

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Angry Any one else have to RMA their ZENITH because of the M.2 Screws on the M.2 Panel?

I don't know if it's just me or if it's a bigger issue but that's what I am trying to figure out.

So the Zenith Extreme has a M.2 Panel on the bottom right and on the panel are 3 M.2 screws.

These screws are made of very soft metal and are very fragile. I ended up stripping all 3 on the first board and thus had to RMA.

They sent me another Zenith and I ended up stripping another M.2 screw on that one. I was able to open 2 out of the 3 but even the 2 I opened were partially stripped. And thus a 2nd RMA.

Anyone else having a problem with these very fragile easy to strip screws? I contacted pcpartspicker and the guys there said that these screws were very fragile as well.

Anyone else have screw driver or bit size recommendations? I was told a philips #1 would do the trick and the philips #1 did unscrew 2 of the 3 screws but not the 3rd.

My mobo is in RMA right now again, I don't want to have to RMA a 3rd time because these screws won't come off due to their fragility. Definitely need quality testing on these M.2 screws. Way to fragile and very poor quality metal for such a high end board.

Summation: 2 Zenith Mobos, 6 M.2 screws in total - 4 M.2 screws stripped completely , 2 M.2 screws stripped partially, 2 Rmas as a result

Last edited by BigJob; 01-13-2018 at 04:05 AM.