Power SupplyEVGA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Deck 87 Francium PRO - MX Brown DS PBT
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Steeseries QCK
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE T5900 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903
    Accessory #1 iPhone SE Space Grey
    Accessory #2 EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass PWM + CoolstreamPE 360
    Accessory #3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3 (radiator)

It's good if ASUS recognize and research problem with M.2 screw
    if ASUS improve technical support he will conquere 70% of market with their hardware.

I'm in phase that I can't build PC without ASUS motherboard example.
    If I need to wait month never mind, satisfaction is complete when I have ASUS motherboard.
    Somehow I have impressed that even if I stuck with problems there is little bigger chance to fix that alone than on other boards.
    Maybe is only impressio but I used on them.

Example people talk bad about RVE, there is very negative marks. I learned that board and she listen me, I respect her and she become my best motherboard of all time.
    We will see maybe will RVE10 to become better, she have every reading and settings same and no problems for now. But she still didn't worked even 1/4 time of my RVE.
    But ASUS need to slow down with prices, I see huge negative experience of people with prices of Z370 Formula. Simply guys who bought Formula now have Code, if price just litle change they will not go down they will change manufacturer to buy higher class MSI or GIGABYTE...
    Not only formula. People who had to pay up to 400$ for mobo somehow payed little more for Rampage V Extreme, but now they can't pay 250$ more RVIE.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Deepcuts PC Specs
    Deepcuts PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X HERO BIOS 1901
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K @ 4.7Ghz 1.215V
    Memory (part number)CMR32GX4M4C3466C16 @ 3200Mhz 1.360V
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11GB
    Sound CardCreative Omni 5.1 USB
    MonitorDell 24' S2417DG
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 960 nvme 500 GB
    Storage #2Seagate NAS 8TBx2
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi760
    Keyboard Razer DeathStalker Chroma
    Mouse Razer Abyssus
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterMikrotik

No problems with the actual screws here, but one of the M.2 nuts just popped out of the motherboard on my Maximus X HERO.
    So users of Zenith might have the same poor nut soldering on their boards. Just pay attention.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada011 View Post
    It's good if ASUS recognize and research problem with M.2 screw ...
    Yes it's good that they are looking into it. I am curious as to how their research will pan out and how long they will take to actually remedy the issue once they figure out the mess with the screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepcuts View Post
    No problems with the actual screws here, but one of the M.2 nuts just popped out...
    Glad to hear you lucked out on your screws! As for the Zenith's M.2 shield (heatsink) screws, there are no nuts bolted on the shield itself, it's just screws w/threadlocker on them. There is a nut you're talking about but it's underneath this M.2 shield. You have to open the shield first to get to that m.2 holder nut.

& I just got word they are sending out a replacement mobo this Wednesday, I asked for the screws to be removed and replaced before they ship my board, hopefully they approve that request but if not then let's see how my luck fares - for the 3rd time!
    Last edited by BigJob; 01-23-2018 at 04:26 AM.

ROG Member Array JoeCos PC Specs
    JoeCos PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Zenith Extreme using Bios 1601
    ProcessorThreadripper 1950x - @3.8GHZ @1.19v - stable
    Memory (part number)G Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX (32gb Quad @3200)
    Graphics Card #1Radeon Vega 56 (Power Color) Oc'd & Uv'd
    MonitorBenq SW320
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo NVME - 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro SSD - 1TB
    CPU CoolerEnermax TR4 360 - idle @28* & 100% load @56.8*
    CaseCooler Master HAF X Full Tower
    Power SupplyCooler Master Pro-M 1000W
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1
    OS Windows Pro 64bit
    Network RouterAsus AC - RT something
    Accessory #1 Corsair Commander Pro controlling 5 fans
    Accessory #2 NO RGB here
    Accessory #3 NO RGB here

I'm still in the process of building my rig. I saw this post and was concerned of having a stripped head screw. So I took out my tool kit and gave it a shot.

This reply might be too late for some, but for those who are just building thei Zenith Extreme, this is the tool set i used to remove the M.2 cover. The tool worked for me. The quality of the kit is ok and acceptable to do light jobs, nothing heavy duty. I was able to remove the loc tite cover screws with ease, using PH0 (2.5 and 3.5)

It is only $15.00 on Amazon and is extremely useful as a kit for your home electronic needs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps!
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 71Z+KL5WudL._SL1500_.jpg  

61l2xrr3hBL._SL1001_.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCos View Post
    ...[/url]

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for sharing your success story & yes it definitely does help especially since you provided the precise bit sizes and the exact driver used,

I spent over $350 on screw drivers these past weeks preparing for my 3rd RMA which will be shipped out tom.

I have snap-on, WIhas, Weras, and a few other not so popular ones. I am hoping with the collection of these tools, they will get the job done. Can't afford another RMA.

I will take pics of mobo with screw drivers used before and after I take the screws off.

Hoping to join you in the success story there!

Here is a picture of the screws Asus sent me today. They sent me replacement 3D printed screws and these are not the M.2 screws that go in to the panel. Look back at post number 5 of this thread to which screws I am talking about. I need those same screws without the thread locker / LOCTITE fluid on them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	698.7 KB 
ID:	70915Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	698.7 KB 
ID:	70915

Edit: No motherboard shipped as of yet.

You folks at the repair facility are making something that's to be very simple a very difficult and lengthy process.

Step 1 - Remove the M.2 screws on the M.2 heat sink / panel of the replacement motherboard that have the THREAD LOCKER / LOCTITE fluid on them that you are supposed to be shipping out to me

Step 2 - Include 3 additional M.2 screws of the same size and shape for the M.2 heat sink / panel WITHOUT the THREAD LOCKER / LOCTITE fluid on them so that I can take the M.2 panel on and off with ease!!!

Edit : Jan 26th , 2018 Replacement mobo being shipped via fedex GROUND (the slow shipment method [talk about adding insult to injury]), I am unsure as to if they removed the screws or not from the mobo.

Edit : Jan 28th, 2018 - Replacement mobo's tracking does not show that a mobo has been shipped, only that a label was created. An entire weekend wasted. Today marks the 43rd day that I do not have a working mobo.

Edit : Jan 29th, 2018 - Replacement mobo finally shipped. Unsure as to if screws taken off board as the repair facility only responds to cases it feels like and it didn't feel like answering the case.
    Last edited by BigJob; 01-30-2018 at 12:13 AM.

2nd Replacement motherboard came in today after 23 days after I shipped it to them, and 46 days since the first shipment and of course with the screws bolted in!!!!!!!!!!! So here I am going in for the third time with these screws. It's like the repair facility doesn't listen to a word being said. And of course not a singe replacement M.2 screw without the threadlocker / loctite fluid was provided!!!!!

Attached are images of some of the highest quality screw drivers available to planet earth. If these screwdrivers don't get the job done then nothing can. Wiha, Wera and Felo, and others are in here. About to go in.

Name:	20180131_182804.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	826.8 KB 
ID:	71157

Name:	20180131_182814.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	893.9 KB 
ID:	71156

Name:	20180131_182823.jpg 
Size:	798.4 KB 
ID:	71158
    Last edited by BigJob; 01-31-2018 at 11:42 PM.

HOLY YESSS!!!!!! FINALLYYY!!!! SUCCESSFULLY REMOVEDD THE ANNOYING SCREWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

As you can tell from the pics, there was still threadlock on these screws, but it was minimal and I was able to get them off this time without any hassle, struggles what so ever. However the screws are still very soft and parts of the metal scrapings did come off of one them.

I was able to take them off with all the screw drivers but the one I used initially was the Wera #1 Philips Lasertip screw driver. These lasertip screw drivers have a strong grip on the bit edges, kinda like teeth biting down on the screw so this did the trick. Very good screw driver.

I will go on about building the rest of my build now. Finally. Here's to the hours that I will need to screw in the CPU...

Name:	1 (3).jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	888.5 KB 
ID:	71160

Name:	1 (4).jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	841.8 KB 
ID:	71161

Name:	1 (1).jpg 
Size:	941.8 KB 
ID:	71162
    Last edited by BigJob; 02-01-2018 at 12:35 AM.

New ROGer Array

Very similar experience -- I did manage to get the screws out -- with half stripped heads ... doesn't make any sense why they're torqued down so hard nor why the screws are so small ... Quality Control guys asleep at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by lubah View Post
    Very similar experience -- I did manage to get the screws out -- with half stripped heads ... doesn't make any sense why they're torqued down so hard nor why the screws are so small ... Quality Control guys asleep at the wheel
    Glad you got them out, I would replace those with some other screws so you don't screw these back on and strip them completely the next time.

& asleep?... Try dead...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast