cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible M.2 SSD for GL553VD?

alexzhin
Level 7
Hi Im from Msia and wanna ask about what m2 SSD is compatible and budget for my GL553VD
Thanks in advance 🙂
7 REPLIES 7

bestasensual
Level 8
from GL553VD asus page

you can see that 256GB SATA3 M.2 SSD is compatible
just grab one and migrate the data

i strongly suggest you do a clean install of windows 10 in order to avoid bugs.
and use the HDD as an external USB disk (to reduce noise) or install on the SATA slot if available

best regards

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Both PCIe (NVMe) and SATA M.2 SSDs are compatible on the GL553VD. Best to go with PCIe, much better performance is possible.

stevenlee
Level 7
From this link https://www.laptopmain.com/laptop-m-2-ngff-ssd-compatibility-list/ Asus GL553VD comes with a SK hynix HFS256G39TND-N210A 256GB SATA 3 SSD, but the M.2 of GL553VD support PCIe NVMe SSD, the Samsung 960 EVO will compatible with Asus GL553VD.

Simon942
Level 7
You can too install a 2.5 SSD into the laptop, if you have the holder instead of the DVD Drive

Simon942 wrote:
You can too install a 2.5 SSD into the laptop, if you have the holder instead of the DVD Drive

It is possible to replace the optical drive with an SSD if you get an HDD caddy. However, this is not something we test and you'll be without an optical drive. In case you are adventurous and never use the optical drive, you'll need a 7mm caddy (there are different sizes - 7mm/9.5mm/12.7mm) and SATA 3 SSDs are supported.

Simon942 wrote:

How to I remove the DVD and does the HDD fit well in the previous removed DVD slot?
Thanks 😄

Sid7886
Level 7
What is the maximum storage size it can support if i install a m.2 or an nvme ssd? Can it support 1 TB m.2 or nvme ssd?