cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White noise on USB headphones

Rokha88
Level 8
Hi everyone,

I am coming to you as I encounter some problems with all the USB audio devices I have tried on my computer so far : there is a permanent static noise on the background, which is barely hearable, when I put the volume of my headset on to 80 ~ 100%, but when you notice it, it becomes really really annoying.

Example of what it sounds like : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM (the first 2 seconds are the most likely).

I would like to know if some of you have experienced this issue, and how you have solved it.

Let me summarize what I have done so far and what I noticed about this :

- the static noise increases randomly, but most of the time is when I browse on Google Chrome, and more likely when there are few ads on the page, or a flash video;

- on Youtube, when I click "play" on a video, the static noise increases, and goes down to its "basic stade" seconds after the video is stopped/paused - when I close the brower/tab, the static noise decreases immediatly;

- I tried an OCCT stress-test (GPU and CPU), it didn't increase the static noise;

- when I launch a game (for example, Rainbow Six : Siege), the static noise increases as soon as the "loading picture" appears in Windows;

- when I hit the "mute" button of my keyboard, the static noise is no longer hearable;

- the headset has been tested on another computer without experiencing any trouble;

- I have put my computer's power cord on another plug and it didn't do a thing;

- I have tried on another house, it didn't change anything (in case or there would be some electric trouble in mine);

- tried on an USB HUB (powered by bus) and one with an external power supply (but I suspect it still takes power from the USB bus sooo..): static noise still there;

- absolutely 0 static noise on my jack-plugged headsets.

- the computer is brand new. The only things I took from my previous computer are the 3 HDD's and the PSU

- the headset has been plugged on all the USB ports possible on the computer but the noise is the same in every of these;

- disconnected all other USB devices and the monitor.

My setup:

Case: Zalman Z11 plus
Mobo: Maximus VIII Ranger
CPU: i7-7700k
Heatsink: Bequiet pure rock Slim
GPU:1070 GTX DUAL 8Gb
SSD: Crucial MX300 275Go (where OS is installed)
HDD'S : Seagate 1To 7200, Seagate 500Go 7200 and Samsung
PSU: 620w antec
Monitor : MSI Optix G27C2 (plugged on DP)

I really really hope someone knows how to solve this because it's starting to make me crazy...

Rokha88
2 REPLIES 2

Rokha88
Level 8
No one ever had this kind of problem ?

This noise is starting to make me crazy... :mad:

UP and edited the initial post to make it the more complete possible.

Thanks in advance to those who will take time to answer...