cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VS Right FAN not working

Xeross
Level 7
I just got the GL502VS with the i7 7700HQ, and it get really hot around 90º under load.

And it look like under load only the left FAN(Looking at the screen of the laptop) is working but the other one doesn't.

If i force the fan speed with the ROG Gaming Center it start working at 100% and it get stuck at 100% even if i turn it down again.
To fix it i have to shutdown the system, restarting only doesn't work.

¿Is there a way to fix it?

I have the latest nvidia drivers, the rog center is the version 2.0.2 (I tried to update it to the 2.1.2 but doesn't let me), the bios is the 303 and using windows 10 fall creators update.

Physically it seen fine, only opened it to check didn't change anything, i have adjunted a photo, the one not working is the left one here.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

bestasensual
Level 8
try to update your bios to 305

go to device manager > framework > right click > update

but i doubt that will help
best regards

bestasensual wrote:
try to update your bios to 305

go to device manager > framework > right click > update

but i doubt that will help
best regards

I think i got the fan fixed, dont really know how just reinstalled windows 10 from the system option and now work.
Still can't update the gaming center it show a 1001 error.

Isn´t the last bios for GL502VS 303?

The "go to device manager > framework > right click > update" did update the driver so thx for that.

Do anyone know how ASUS warranty is about repasting? i'm thinking about doing it.

Thx.

well. i found the correct drivers to my GL553VD on http://support.asus.com.cn/

last bios is stable bios is 304 (from asus page)
still, bios 305 has been released, just not updated on asus website yet, that may be because they are slopy and don't care about us OR 305 is still beta

i use 305 and i m happy, and i bet on the 1st one.

about repasting
i don't know for sure, but asus let users change hardware if the "component is at hand" (with easy open on back of laptop)
if you need to do more, like screws, etc, then 99% sure that is a warranty void.
you should check with your retailer.

best regards