cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two white leds of Asus ROG STRIX-GTX1080-Advanced 8G

alexandre1984
Level 7
Hello ppl,

Is it possible to turn off these 2 little white leds from GPU? I know it's the indicator of power from PSU, but when I shut down the computer the leds still shines and its not cool, specially when you have tempered glass...

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
See if enabling ErP Ready in the BIOS turns them off for you.

As far as I'm aware, the power indicators cannot be turned off singularly. If it's only a concern when the system is powered down, then simply turn off at the wall. This is what I do at night if not intending to use sleep states.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
If it's only a concern when the system is powered down, then simply turn off at the wall. This is what I do at night if not intending to use sleep states.

Alternatively you could just mask them on with some tiny removable stickers or a tiny slice of masking tape, if it's just the leds' light that bothers you.
I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶r̶p̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶S̶U̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶i̶r̶c̶u̶i̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶G̶P̶U̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶h̶e̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶.̶

Enabling ErP Ready in the BIOS solved my problem.

Many thanks.

Great, I never noticed that little LED until I read this thread. 😛