Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting a list of supported graphics cards

Retired
Not applicable
Dear ROG Team,

My first post here and let me begin with a big Thank You for everything ROG. 🙂

Will you'll be providing a list of supported graphics cards for GPU Tweak?
Or a thread for supported/non-supported cards, both ASUS and non-ASUS, as tested by you'll and end-users too.
I understand that it supports all, even non-ASUS cards but if some older/csutom-design cards do not, then it will be very helpful.

Are there any limitations, eg. overclocking/fan speed options, etc. depending on the series?
eg. ENGT520/SL/DI/2GD3 is a passively cooled, low profile, entry-level card and one obvously doesn't need fan speed adjustment. 😛
Also, i don't feel overclokcing such a card might yield some great results.
So only temperatiure monitoring and driver update alert, etc could be beneficial to user.

Also, what about ASUS SmartDoctor and ASUS GamerOSD? Are they still available/applicable for older and newer cards or only GPU Tweak is required now?
eg. EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 mentions GamerOSD and SmartDoctor. But i can use GPU Tweak, right?
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/EAH6670DIS1GD5/#overview
2 REPLIES 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello

I really have no idea if there is any plan to have a supported list of graphic cards, I would imagine that information would be in the config file I will try and pull it out and have a look see.

As to the older applications. Well Smartdoctor only has one application that is still valid for me personally. And that is for my 580GTX CUII card. I use smartdoc and a special bios to have 1.6 volts available for the core. 😄

But I would not recommend SmartDoc any more I never really liked it much.

I will pass on your suggestion for the supported list as I think it is a very good one.

Thank you and welcome to the forum.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Retired
Not applicable
HiVizMan wrote:
Hello
I really have no idea if there is any plan to have a supported list of graphic cards, I would imagine that information would be in the config file I will try and pull it out and have a look see.
As to the older applications. Well Smartdoctor only has one application that is still valid for me personally. And that is for my 580GTX CUII card. I use smartdoc and a special bios to have 1.6 volts available for the core. 😄
But I would not recommend SmartDoc any more I never really liked it much.
I will pass on your suggestion for the supported list as I think it is a very good one.
Thank you and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for considering- I was a bit scared posting my request as i thought it might sound silly.
I am hoping me nd my friends can check with the various cards at our disposal and report accordingly. 🙂