cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING Overclock

Treorian
Level 7
Hi

Im trying to get my overclock stable on this MOBO, i had a stable overclock on my MSI MoBo on 40.25ghz, but on this one my pc keep shutting down when i try. Maybe my offset is wrong i dont know. i followed the ASUS guide for overclocking, but he is useing a x370 mobo not the b350, and they dont have the same options in BIOS, as for now i see he puts LLC on level 1, on my MOBO i only have standard, avarage, medium or extreme options on LLC

Is standard = level 1 and avarage = level 2? or have i miss understood this?

Anyone that has a stable setup on Ryzen 5 1600x that they can share? 4ghz or 4.1 ghz?

Thanks in advance 😄
3 REPLIES 3

Treorian
Level 7
Hmm now im running everything at default. and it seem to be somewhat stable..
Never own a b350 card before, but from what i have experienced until now this is totaly crap if u want to do some overclocking.
My 3000 ram is not detected when i start, the default profile is not working, ive seen some tweak guides to get it to run, and i did, after that my computer randomly shut down.

I have done MemTest on stock, everything ok
I have done burntest on CPU all ok on stock
i have done stress test on stock gpu all ok.

if i try to overclock my ram (to what it should be running 3000) my sytem get unstable
if i try to overclock my cpu to 4ghz things get unstable (i ran it at 40.50ghz on my MSI mobo stable)

Is it just to scrap this board and buy something decent? or is there any fixes coming to this board?
im afraid i just wasted 100$ on this

celab
Level 7
its not an overclocking giant, try not to rise the ration, insted the fid to something like 140 and try getting higher ckock speeds by rising it slowly. leave everything else on default (voltage offset etc) and see how it goes. oc ram and cpu seperatly to find your max. on b350 boards do not go higher than 2933 on your ram speed. dont use docp, just set the ram speed manual. leave everything on default, even the voltage. you can twaek the cl, rc and so on later by finding out the right setting using hwinfo 3.82

for stress testing try occt 4.5.1, large data set for error detection
Orwell was an optimist

Treorian wrote:
...this is totaly crap if u want to do some overclocking.

My Ryzen 1700 is at 3.8 GHz at stock voltage and will run at 3.95 if I crank it up. The memory is only at 3066, because G.Skill did something funny with the Trident Z RGB.

Check out the main thread, as there's a lot of advice there.