cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Creators Update 1709 & GL702VM Problem keybaord not working

Setlec
Level 7
So i've update today windows and had to install the creators update but now my keyboard and num pad are not working. I've uninstalled both drivers, rebooted and installed the touch pad driver asus ptp from asus website and the installation didn't fix my problem, I went to device manager updated the drivers through the windows utility but it failed installing the driver. any fix at all that you guys could suggest or should i restore to previous build where everything was working perfectly.
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
I might suggest you to reinstall the OS and try again. Please back up your data to an external storage device , then using system restore function to system default.

reinstall? why is that? the laptop came with the win 10. it didn't come with windows installation disk.

cro68
Level 7
Setlec wrote:
So i've update today windows and had to install the creators update but now my keyboard and num pad are not working. I've uninstalled both drivers, rebooted and installed the touch pad driver asus ptp from asus website and the installation didn't fix my problem, I went to device manager updated the drivers through the windows utility but it failed installing the driver. any fix at all that you guys could suggest or should i restore to previous build where everything was working perfectly.

restore to the previous build, i have something simmilar where this update makes my laptop unusable, it is completely absurd the bs that happens with windows updates, let alone the fact that this specific update has been out around 6 months and there already working on another " big" update for spring. But my reccomendation would be to revert back to a old build and use the WUshow hide tool to block 1709 if it tries to install again. and hope that the spring update works with your laptop like i am.