cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smalle questions about AURA

Coldkil
Level 7
Hi everyone,

i've recently upgraded my machine and went from a 8yo asus mobo to the new z370-f (with new i5-8600k and ram) and i must say i'm really satisfied.

However, i wanted a couple of directions for the Asus AURA software. Basically, two questions.

- i've been able to make all leds turn off when i shut down the pc, looking at other threads here. However, when i boot up my pc all RGB components (basically the mobo, ram sticks and a fan) start with default rainbow or other random effects i don't really like, and the effects i've chosen won't start until i login. Is there any way to make this not happen? Maybe i'm just missing something - i'd be fine with leds still off until i've done the login.

- tinkering with AURA, i'm not able (don't know if it's possible) to apply different effects to different areas/devices. I'm getting a led strip in afew days, and i was just wondering if i can set it to a static color for a dim general case lighting while the rest are shynched to an effect/color of choice. Not a big issue since i can just set the led strip so it's not plugged into the mobo and managed separately, but i'd like to know it before i do the final build (new case arrives in a few days).

If anyone can answer, thanks for your help.
13 REPLIES 13

Raja
Level 13
Hi,

There's only two states you can control. One is standby, and the other is when in the OS. For the latter, the software has to be active, which is why you need to log in before your settings are applied.

As for different areas, they have to be available within Aura as zones for you to be able to control lighting independently. If the device/s in question show up as a single zone, then that's all you'll be able to control.

Thanks, will try it tonight and post feedback.

So basically i'm "stuck" with rainbow animation during boot/until login - i need to check if can run the Aura service/software in background so it starts immediately after boot.

For the led strips no issues then - i assume that if i set it as non synchronized with the rest i'll have control on the animations/effects on that - currently the rgb fan is plugged on the rgb header 1, led strip will be plugged on the other so they're separate zones. Am i getting this right?

EDIT: lol i put the captcha on the post title

EDIT2: maybe i can run it as a service, that should do the trick. Can i ask you what is the specific executable file that's called/needs to run to apply the led effects?

These are good questions.

I myself can control the Mobo and GPU lightning on my end and luckily i'm not suck with the rainbow setting, until i login and it turns blue (my choice).
It is actually CYAN color on boot. perhaps it catches the latest color before you save a new one to be forced when logging into the OS (which was CYAN maybe at the moment of change, even if its a snapshot of the rainbow settings).

katlani wrote:
These are good questions.

I myself can control the Mobo and GPU lightning on my end and luckily i'm not suck with the rainbow setting, until i login and it turns blue (my choice).
It is actually CYAN color on boot. perhaps it catches the latest color before you save a new one to be forced when logging into the OS (which was CYAN maybe at the moment of change, even if its a snapshot of the rainbow settings).

Yes, that's likely the case. In fact, the fan sets on a breathing mode blue color, while ram and mobo have the default rainbow effect. Once i logged in, everything goes well, so i think that running aura as a service should do the trick (maybe not while booting but when OS starts).

Anyway i need to do a cleanup installation since i tried multiple aura versions and the ram software (which is a customized aura with specific leds control on ram sticks that aura doesn't have from what i've seen - but i can be wrong) so i can get a clean default effect while booting (i'm fine with rainbow honestly) and not the mess i currently have 😄

I want the new final build to look clean and crisp, so i'm a little maniacal over details 😄

EDIT: i'm also kinda positive that tinkering with the S4 and S5 states in the BIOS will force leds to stay off - will also try that. I'm positive that i managed to obtain this before BIOS update but then i don't remeber what i changed XD

I see.

On the same note, i hope that some day they will have the option to choose the fixed R/G/B option for the AURA GRAPHICS CARD as they have for the AURA.
Currently, for AURA GRAPHICS CARD, need to pick a color off the pallet and if you want it to be a true R/G/B, you have to land on the right spot.. 🙂

katlani wrote:
I see.

On the same note, i hope that some day they will have the option to choose the fixed R/G/B option for the AURA GRAPHICS CARD as they have for the AURA.
Currently, for AURA GRAPHICS CARD, need to pick a color off the pallet and if you want it to be a true R/G/B, you have to land on the right spot.. 🙂

Setting manually the desired R/G/B value to 255 isn't good enough? Or there's no field to put the input in?

Coldkil wrote:
Setting manually the desired R/G/B value to 255 isn't good enough? Or there's no field to put the input in?

No field, just the type of settings and the coloring pallet.

Coldkil wrote:

If you do have one of the latest 1.05.** AURA software, you will be able to fill in the R/G/B value to get an exact match of the color you want. This option is available for all the effects, except Color Cycle, Music and Smart.

katlani wrote:

You can download the latest AURA 1.05.28 available and you will be able to control your graphics card with the R/G/B.

Coldkil wrote:

I can confirm that until logging in the leds won't set to my desired combination, but apparently the LightiningService (which is a proper Windows service and should run no matter what) doesn't start until login, hence the issue. Maybe it's something you want to tell developers, as it's not really nice to see a random colour palette until you logged in, and also while booting. Afaik these suggestions are already present in the related suggestions thread.

As for the independent zones, the fan apparently is recognized as an ADD strip (disappears from Aura if i plug it off the rgb header on the mobo) but i can only desync it from the rest and cannot actually choose anything, it just stays with the default rainbow effect, cannot set it to anything else. so It's either synced with the rest and i can apply an effect or just stick with the rainbow.

If this is the case and i'm not doing something wrong, if i want a led strip doing anything else i need to plug it separately and manage it accordingly outside the Aura software.

The LightingService is the one that will take control of the LED of your hardware.

Depending on your motherboard model, the RGB headers / Addressable headers will appear separately in AURA.

On the Top menu bar, only the addressable strip will show off as device. For the RGB headers, they will show when you want to control an effect by Areas. They will also both show when you go into Settings and do the calibration. If you do have an addressable header, I would advice that you get an addressable strip. In the upcoming version, you will be able to control up to 120 LEDs for each of the add headers. We are also working on implementing a deeper customization of the color on the Add strips - it's going to be great!

Which fan do you have plugged into the addressable header and which motherboard do you have?
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Hi akane, we were discussing how AURA GFX application doesn't have the option of selecting the true R/G/B, and that you need to place your cursor somewhere on the color schema.