Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Setting manually the desired R/G/B value to 255 isn't good enough? Or there's no field to put the input in?
    If you do have one of the latest 1.05.** AURA software, you will be able to fill in the R/G/B value to get an exact match of the color you want. This option is available for all the effects, except Color Cycle, Music and Smart.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Static mode - RGB control.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	403.1 KB 
ID:	70644

Quote Originally Posted by katlani View Post
    On the same note, i hope that some day they will have the option to choose the fixed R/G/B option for the AURA GRAPHICS CARD as they have for the AURA.
    Currently, for AURA GRAPHICS CARD, need to pick a color off the pallet and if you want it to be a true R/G/B, you have to land on the right spot..
    You can download the latest AURA 1.05.28 available and you will be able to control your graphics card with the R/G/B.

I can confirm that until logging in the leds won't set to my desired combination, but apparently the LightiningService (which is a proper Windows service and should run no matter what) doesn't start until login, hence the issue. Maybe it's something you want to tell developers, as it's not really nice to see a random colour palette until you logged in, and also while booting. Afaik these suggestions are already present in the related suggestions thread.

As for the independent zones, the fan apparently is recognized as an ADD strip (disappears from Aura if i plug it off the rgb header on the mobo) but i can only desync it from the rest and cannot actually choose anything, it just stays with the default rainbow effect, cannot set it to anything else. so It's either synced with the rest and i can apply an effect or just stick with the rainbow.

If this is the case and i'm not doing something wrong, if i want a led strip doing anything else i need to plug it separately and manage it accordingly outside the Aura software.
    The LightingService is the one that will take control of the LED of your hardware.

Depending on your motherboard model, the RGB headers / Addressable headers will appear separately in AURA.

On the Top menu bar, only the addressable strip will show off as device. For the RGB headers, they will show when you want to control an effect by Areas. They will also both show when you go into Settings and do the calibration. If you do have an addressable header, I would advice that you get an addressable strip. In the upcoming version, you will be able to control up to 120 LEDs for each of the add headers. We are also working on implementing a deeper customization of the color on the Add strips - it's going to be great!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add and RGB headers.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	435.0 KB 
ID:	70646

Which fan do you have plugged into the addressable header and which motherboard do you have?
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Hi akane, we were discussing how AURA GFX application doesn't have the option of selecting the true R/G/B, and that you need to place your cursor somewhere on the color schema.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post
    -snip-

Which fan do you have plugged into the addressable header and which motherboard do you have?
    First of all, many thanks for the exhaustive response. Screens have been really useful.

It appears we use different versions of the suite? The menus are a little different on mine (i use the 1.05.28) but the listed options look the same - i have a strix z370-f motherboard and a MasterFan Pro 120 Air Balance RGB connected to the header 2 directly.

Selecting "by areas" the only option that works is the RBG-strip 2, while the ADD Strip does nothing (tried changing color). Maybe it's just correct this way. I can make all the changes i want as expected so the software works - it appears that different effects for different areas is not currently supported.
    What's "strange" is that on the top row i see the motherboard, DRAM, and ADD STRIP - when i choose to not sync the ADD STRIP with the others the fan reverts back to the default rainbow effect (expected) but i cannot change it further until decide to sync it with the other components (unexpected). As i said, maybe it's just how it works.

Side note: i discovered that the actual profile loading is managed via AsusAuraGpuDllServer.exe (or whatever is its name ) which is set by a scheduled task in windows to start at any user login, which makes sense with current behaviour. Disabling it makes the led just stay at default rainbow cycle even after startup/login - so a confirmation that it's him loading the led profile. I tried setting it to start as soon windows starts, but it doesn't work that way; plus starting it manually makes the leds change into the desired combo, again confirmation that he's the process i was searching for.
    I can try to disable the scheduled task and set the executable to run as a service via a third party program. If it works i'll notify you because i think it's something you may repute useful for future improvements to the software.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Quote Originally Posted by katlani View Post
    Hi akane, we were discussing how AURA GFX application doesn't have the option of selecting the true R/G/B, and that you need to place your cursor somewhere on the color schema.
    I get it. Feel free to download the AURA software as it will work as well, even if you don't have an ASUS motherboard.

First of all, many thanks for the exhaustive response. Screens have been really useful.

It appears we use different versions of the suite? The menus are a little different on mine (i use the 1.05.28) but the listed options look the same - i have a strix z370-f motherboard and a MasterFan Pro 120 Air Balance RGB connected to the header 2 directly.

Selecting "by areas" the only option that works is the RBG-strip 2, while the ADD Strip does nothing (tried changing color). Maybe it's just correct this way. I can make all the changes i want as expected so the software works - it appears that different effects for different areas is not currently supported.
    What's "strange" is that on the top row i see the motherboard, DRAM, and ADD STRIP - when i choose to not sync the ADD STRIP with the others the fan reverts back to the default rainbow effect (expected) but i cannot change it further until decide to sync it with the other components (unexpected). As i said, maybe it's just how it works.

Side note: i discovered that the actual profile loading is managed via AsusAuraGpuDllServer.exe (or whatever is its name ) which is set by a scheduled task in windows to start at any user login, which makes sense with current behaviour. Disabling it makes the led just stay at default rainbow cycle even after startup/login - so a confirmation that it's him loading the led profile. I tried setting it to start as soon windows starts, but it doesn't work that way; plus starting it manually makes the leds change into the desired combo, again confirmation that he's the process i was searching for.
    I can try to disable the scheduled task and set the executable to run as a service via a third party program. If it works i'll notify you because i think it's something you may repute useful for future improvements to the software.
    For the screen I use a newer version. I advise you install the 1.05.32.02 that have up to 120 LEDs per header.

Can you confirm which device you have connected on which header? The Strix ZZ370-F has 3 headers in total:
    • 1 x Addressable RGB Header => Addressable strip, can you tell which one exactly?
    • RGB Header 1 => ?
    • RGB Header 2 => MasterFan Pro 120 Air Balance RGB

Note that the MasterFan isn't an addressable fan, only RGB.

Can you confirm if your addressable strip light on? Does it sync with your RGB Header 2?
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2