CPU Block: Optimus Watercooling

I need to get some more pics, and needed to get Aura to actually work. 😛
14 REPLIES 14

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

r4dz1k
Level 7
TOP STUFF there bro.
I got the the same cpu,ram and mobo as u, can u tell me if the RAM XMP works fine with this mobo+cpu without any problems?
Thanks

Jsunn
Level 7
I have the XMP profile loaded for the RAM and I am stable at 5.0 GHz with 1.35v vcore.

Hey I have the exact same setup pretty much... I have the i7 8700k, asus strix 1080. 32 gskill trident,maximus motherboard. Somehow I forgot what drive I put in when I built it on the slot by the Chip. Instead of taking the heat sink and grphics card out. is there anyway to see what type of Samsung I put in there, weather its a m.2 or just a ssd?? any help would be great
ASUS ROG WiFi
ASUS Strix gtx1080
i7 8700k
Samsung 960 evo m.2
32gb Gskill trident
nocuta cpu cooler
27" asus mg279q

Oi man, that looks smexy!

You delidded that 8700k?
What are the temps on 5GHz?

PinePCdesign wrote:
Oi man, that looks smexy!

You delidded that 8700k?
What are the temps on 5GHz?

Yep, I delided the 8700k. I also put on RockitCool's IHS replacement.

Under prime95 100% load, I'm at about 70 degrees max temp.

ratty22 wrote:
Hey I have the exact same setup pretty much... I have the i7 8700k, asus strix 1080. 32 gskill trident,maximus motherboard. Somehow I forgot what drive I put in when I built it on the slot by the Chip. Instead of taking the heat sink and grphics card out. is there anyway to see what type of Samsung I put in there, weather its a m.2 or just a ssd?? any help would be great

I think Samsung has software called Samsung Magician that will tell you about the drive.

Homeuser
Level 7
Jsunn wrote:
System Specs
8700k Overclocked to 5.0Ghz
32 GB 3600Mhz G.Skill RGB Ram
1080Ti
Asus Maximus X Formula
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 WGX ROG Edition
3 x 360mm Rads
EK Waterblocks components
CPU Block: Optimus Watercooling

I need to get some more pics, and needed to get Aura to actually work. 😛

Hi, that's a great build! I'm looking to build the same CPU and mobo. Where did you get the liquid cooling parts? I'm new to this liquid cooling and don't know what goes with this mobo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Homeuser wrote:
Hi, that's a great build! I'm looking to build the same CPU and mobo. Where did you get the liquid cooling parts? I'm new to this liquid cooling and don't know what goes with this mobo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

I purchased all of my Water cooling stuff pretty much from Performance PCs.
I went with pretty much all EK waterblock stuff, except for the CPU block. I purchased that from Optimus Watercooling. They are a new company and have a great product.

Pretty much all watercooling items have a G1/4 thread, so provided you get those for fittings you should be good to go.
There are a lot of companies that will supply W/C components. I would recommend finding some parts that you like and going with them.

I chose EK, but Heatkiller and Phanteks make some pretty impressive parts. I think Hardware Labs makes some of the best Radiators out there, and if I had to do over again, I would have gone with them.

Check out Linus Tech Tips forums and Overclock.net forums for threads about watercooling and tips.

Let me know if you have specific questions and I can do my best to help.
-J