Threaded View

New ROGer Array

GL502VS Unresponsive keyboard

About two weeks ago I had my GL502VS(K) sleeping and after I unplugged the hdmi display and usb peripherals and opened it up I found the keyboard to be completely unresponsive. It had been asleep for a couple of days and had been working perfectly before. I don't recall doing any updates previously but maybe it had one of those background windows 10 updates that messed things up.

The keyboard is unresponsive while booting and in BIOS too, no F keys work, so no backlight nor screen intensity or vol control; however the caps lock light does turn on for a second or so right after turning the machine on, and flashes for a bit just before the windows login screen shows up. When using a bluetooth or usb keyboard the caps lock light does turn on. Touchpad works fine. In the device manager the keyboard shows up as a PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-key); so it seems to be plugged and powered and I'm hoping its just a software problem. The shows up as Microsoft 21/6/2006 10.0.16299.15, but I don't know if that's right.

I tried:
    Rebooting the computer.
    Uninstalling from device manager.
    Uninstalling and reinstalling ATK package (version 1.0.0050 for Windows).
    Updating drivers
    Resetting BIOS to defaults
    Various windows 10 keyboard troubleshooting like checking the power settings, disabling fast boot, booting into safe mode...

So far no success.

What are ALL the drivers and software needed to manage the keyboard? Could there be some driver I'm missing? I've considered reinstalling windows but I'm concerned it might be useless and at the moment at least I can use the computer with another keyboard...

Anyone?