cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73SW Speakers not working

Kaider
Level 7
Hi everyone, I bought my G73SW back in November, and for the most part haven't had any trouble with it. One thing i noticed out of the box though, is that I was only getting sound through one speaker. I've tried updating the drivers, uninstalling, reinstalling, and basically any combination of those. I even recently had to do a factory reset. For a while it was only the left speaker that had sound, and then after reinstalling the drivers the sound started to only come out of the subwoofer. I'm settling on defective speakers, but I'm not really in a position to RMA my laptop due to frequent travelling. It's worth mentioning that the sound out of analog headphones is fine, as is the sound through external speakers. Any help with this would be appreciated, thanks.
1 REPLY 1

dstrakele
Level 14
From your troubleshooting to date, it sounds like a hardware issue. http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/laptop-sound-problem-headphones-working-built-in-speaker... indicates the problem could related to the headphone jack. But you can't rule out bad speaker connections or defective speaker(s).
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT