cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Xpert (Stand alone app)

RaffieKol
Level 10
I really wish Asus would make a standalone application for Fan Xpert

Ai Suite has many problems and alot of us only use it for Fan Xpert to control the air flow of are PC or to make the PC quiet.

So please ASUS is it possible to get a standalone version of Fan Xpert that is not bundled with AI suite as an option

Maybe if alot of us request for it, it will happen? Maybe not?

Either way its something I would love to have.

"I know you can go into the bios and set it up from there, thats what I am currently doing, but I would prefer to set it up in windows"
18 REPLIES 18

lukiboss
Level 7
RaffieKol wrote:

Ai Suite has many problems and alot of us only use it for Fan Xpert to control the air flow of are PC or to make the PC quiet.

So please ASUS is it possible to get a standalone version of Fan Xpert that is not bundled with AI suite as an option

"I know you can go into the bios and set it up from there, thats what I am currently doing, but I would prefer to set it up in windows"

So u are a lucky guy cuz im right here with BIOS that alows me only to set minimum of 60% of my fans... I need to use speedfan that doesnt work 100% correctly.
I also heard that some guys that got watercooled system cant control their pump power and its run on 100% on all the time.
And thats folks all thanks to ASUS :cool::cool::cool:

lukiboss wrote:
So u are a lucky guy cuz im right here with BIOS that alows me only to set minimum of 60% of my fans... I need to use speedfan that doesnt work 100% correctly.
I also heard that some guys that got watercooled system cant control their pump power and its run on 100% on all the time.
And thats folks all thanks to ASUS :cool::cool::cool:

I use the bios to setup my case fans
I use AIO Water coolers like corsair for water cooling so I control the rad fans and pump with the AIO software,
but I can definitely see how people with custom setups would have problems. A working standalone would be awesome...

I had trouble after updating the BIOS to get the fan speed below 60%. But then I ran the BIOS fan calibration and after that it was no longer a problem.

I normally run my system without AI Suite and also I have the Asus Com Service, Asus HM Com Service and AsusFanControlService set to Manual so they do not run. My fan speeds are set up in the BIOS.

If I run Fan Xpert 4 and set up a fan profile and then reboot, it goes back to the BIOS settings (since the services are not running). But if I manually start the AsusFanControlService it will change to the Fan Xpert profile. I can then stop the service and it appears as though the Fan Xpert profile continues until the next boot.

I created a little batch file which will start and stop the service so I can easily run it if I want to override the BIOS setup. I suppose that could be run on boot to use the Fan Xpert settings without continuously running AI Suite.

BTW, I used SpeedFan to monitor the fan speeds to see what was happening. I only use a couple chassis fans so I don't know about fancier setups.
Asus Z270M-Plus

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I am using a Asetek unit and i can control my pumps perfect. no issues. my fans are doing fine by the bios. maintaining a 5.0 oc at 1.325 volts. nice and comfy I wish i can ask them with the new pump generation. I stop using software control apps to control those a year ago. On the area of a pump like a EK, for example, yep i hear some stories. but most of them use manual control like a D5 Vario. As many. But, it will be nice to have it. sometimes is nice to make adjustment on the fly. But as far the bios is doing a fine job. I try a long time ago the Ai suite but did not work for me. y try last year and does not pass 4.3 oc (6700K) i have not test with 7700k but since is working i leave my fans to the bios.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
RaffieKol wrote:

Can I ask why you'd prefer setting things up through the OS and not through the UEFI? Less overhead doing things the latter way, and no need for the service to run.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Can I ask why you'd prefer setting things up through the OS and not through the UEFI? Less overhead doing things the latter way, and no need for the service to run.

I can answer that question. I need to control them through OS cuz my BIOS is only able to run fans at 60% MINIMUM. With AI Suite i could control them to what i like (30% in idle was perfect).
My motherboard wasnt some cheap ****y one... Its sabertooth p67 and still i cant control my fans 🙂 fantastic

lukiboss wrote:
I can answer that question. I need to control them through OS cuz my BIOS is only able to run fans at 60% MINIMUM. With AI Suite i could control them to what i like (30% in idle was perfect).
My motherboard wasnt some cheap ****y one... Its sabertooth p67 and still i cant control my fans 🙂 fantastic

No disrespect, but P67 is a little old now, don't you think? Well, fairly ancient really in this industry!
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
No disrespect, but P67 is a little old now, don't you think? Well, fairly ancient really in this industry!

But it doesnt mean that i should't have control over my fans right? Other manufacuterers dont have this problem. Only ASUS, one of the most expensive motherboards manufacturer cant handle this.

Silent Scone wrote:

I use the AI suite 3 purely for fan control, why instead of bios?

Easy, I use the default turbo setting which runs my dual fan 140mm cpu cooler at 35% in idle and has a nice fan curve for my other 6 case fans. I have another profile thats a little more aggressive for light gaming and a very aggressive profile for heavier/demanding games and the ability to pick which one with just a couple of mouse clicks instead of resetting my PC, changing the fan curves manually each and every time I want to change my fan curve.