cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V formula on windows 10?!

Calin
Level 7
anyone tried this ? is it worth it? everything works fine? coz i see that there aren't many downloads in the support area for windows 10 for this MB.
8 REPLIES 8

AlexB121
Level 7
I had it back in the day before upgrading to ryzen and its perfect no issues at all

AlexB121 wrote:
I had it back in the day before upgrading to ryzen and its perfect no issues at all

so how did you go around installing all the drivers? just downloaded win 7 drivers and installed them on win 10 ?
what about AI Suite? does it work without issues ?

Calin wrote:
so how did you go around installing all the drivers? just downloaded win 7 drivers and installed them on win 10 ?
what about AI Suite? does it work without issues ?

no u download windows 10 drivers Here https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

Then choose windows 8.1 and grab this :
Version 2.00.12
2013/10/1628.03 MBytes
AI_SuiteII ASUS Update V2.00.12 for Windows 8.1 32bit & 64bit.

AlexB121 wrote:
no u download windows 10 drivers Here https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

Then choose windows 8.1 and grab this :
Version 2.00.12
2013/10/1628.03 MBytes
AI_SuiteII ASUS Update V2.00.12 for Windows 8.1 32bit & 64bit.

well for win 10 64bit there's just audio and usb drivers; everything else works fine without drivers ?

and windows 8.1 64 bit AI Suite has everything ? turbov, digivrm, fan xpert etc?

Calin wrote:
well for win 10 64bit there's just audio and usb drivers; everything else works fine without drivers ?

and windows 8.1 64 bit AI Suite has everything ? turbov, digivrm, fan xpert etc?

What im telling u is install what they have for win10 then do the ai suit in windows 8.1 and after that go down to win 7 and grab the rest

Calin
Level 7
bump!
need some input on this matter before i upgrade

Last week I installed win10 from USB install media. Everything works just fine except Asus Software and utilities. Complete bust, the only successful item is EZ Updater which, surprise surprise, has nothing for me to update. Corsair Link works fine for my h100i but no turboV, no fan expert, etc. Pretty disappointed with asus software overall, between TUF Sabertooth V3, Crosshair 6 Hero and Crosshair 5 Formula Z. Such trash support for such supposedly top-tier hardware.

specialedge wrote:
Last week I installed win10 from USB install media. Everything works just fine except Asus Software and utilities. Complete bust, the only successful item is EZ Updater which, surprise surprise, has nothing for me to update. Corsair Link works fine for my h100i but no turboV, no fan expert, etc. Pretty disappointed with asus software overall, between TUF Sabertooth V3, Crosshair 6 Hero and Crosshair 5 Formula Z. Such trash support for such supposedly top-tier hardware.

yeah it would seem that software-wise support there's no incentive on buying top tier MBs since not only did they not release software for newer windows but also they didn't release updates for the original windows supported by those particular MBs (in my case the crosshair V formula). and with the cost of upgrading PCs now... i guess i will be stuck with this hardware and windows 7 for a while now...