cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3703 for MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME

MaFikSS
Level 7
Friends, owners for MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME, can you tell us how BIOS 3703 works on your motherboards?
Is everything good if compared with the previous versions of the BIOS?
Is it worth to update on it?
What became better, and what became worse?
8 REPLIES 8

SlackROG
Level 10
Yes how is this bios working for others?

Asus updated it, so now it's the correct version, and it has new microcode update, so I'm considering grabbing this, if it seems to be doing ok for everyone?

Thanks

claudej
Level 7
It's ok for me

claudej wrote:
It's ok for me

Same, not all know how to maintain a stable system. It seems there is a dedicated dozen that like to troll all problem posts and blame the bios rather than their own components and configuration. The reality is not all releases work for everyone because of unique configs. It's beginner stuff to blame the whole release because he/she has problems.

SlackROG
Level 10
Actually Intel said to stop patching, so 3703 might not be a good idea at the moment...

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42788169#

I think for now I'll just stick to 3401...

I just replied to another thread is this sub-forum.

I applied 3703 on my Maximus VIII Extreme and now my U.2 Intel 750 2.5-inch SSD is unrecognized, which of course is my Windows 10 boot volume.

Working with ASUS Support, I booted from BIOS2 (which contained the original BIOS code released with the board), and the U.2 Intel 750 SSD booted right up. It seems like the U.2 port is disabled. And no, I do not have an M.2 SSD installed, which by design does disable the U.2 port.

So I have a severely downleveled BIOS that boots from the U.2 SSD, but Windows 10 OS and MS Office 2016 believe they are unlicensed.

Yay!

Awaiting ASUS Support to get back to me with (hopefully) a hotfix or subsequent BIOS release.

Vinny1001
Level 9
I'd highly follow what others are saying about NOT using BIOS 3703. There are issues as people have said, as Asus has said, etc.

I myself had issues with the system stuttering during tasks such as downloads, or while gaming. There wasn't any FPS drop, just mouse movement/game/sound with up to a 5 second stutter. I tried double checking my overclock and that didn't change anything. 3504 did NOT have these stuttering issues, nor did any of the other previous BIOS's.

I actually did a BIOS flashback to 3201 and played the few games I've been playing and getting stuttering, and there is 0 stuttering. It's fixed. I saw this in another thread that someone reverted back to a previous BIOS and experienced no more stuttering.

In fact, since one of the 3XXX BIOS's, I started getting audio de-sync in some youtube or window programs while playing a video. That's why I chose to revert to more of a previous BIOS than the 3504, so I'm just trouble shooting a little further for my audio issue.

Stay away from 3703. Look up what's being said about it by consumers and companies.

I don't get why this isn't tested by Asus and why they'd release it. Maybe I'm missing something but the engineering I do involves testing prior. Doesn't make it perfect, I know, but if it's a bigger issue, then it should be worked on or not released.
Z790 Asus Hero Maximus on 0816 BIOS (0914 and 1202 crashes for me on XMP I), Intel 13900k stock clock, Asus 4090 Strix OC edition, FF3D532G720 Teamgroup Ram running XMP I, 16gb x 2, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB x 2, Seasonic VERTEX GX 1200W, Win 11 Pro 64, Deepcool LS720 AIO, NZXT H7 Flow. Comfortably using Armoury Crate for updates/fan xpert.

Vinny1001
Level 9
https://www.asus.com/News/z78W1yPuEHJafb1X?_ga=2.14031287.1814722981.1518028471-919155674.1517880350

If it's thought I'm trolling, well I'm not "trolling" I tweaked other settings on the new BIOS and my issues remained. Reverted back to a previous BIOS and all is well.

So try the BIOS yourself and you decide. Tweak as needed. Run stock, try it all.

ondersma80, from the previous to the new BIOS, what additional/specific settings did you have to tweak to have it run good/stable? There is obviously some difference in the BIOS versions where some settings may need tweaking. Yes it can be unique to each system, but maybe there are a few specific settings that need focus for this BIOS change.

Maybe all these people can take the advice and tweak as needed, or it'll open up some ideas to check/tweak on their own system. So instead of saying the bad, give some solutions or suggestions other than "not all know how to maintain a stable system" help us out then. We're all in on the similar boards here. Work together, not against. I've seen you been helpful on other threads, and it's appreciated.

My suggestion is to try it, tweak as needed, try stock, and look into what Asus has said about it themselves. I gave my solution that a previous BIOS fixed some specific issues.
Z790 Asus Hero Maximus on 0816 BIOS (0914 and 1202 crashes for me on XMP I), Intel 13900k stock clock, Asus 4090 Strix OC edition, FF3D532G720 Teamgroup Ram running XMP I, 16gb x 2, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB x 2, Seasonic VERTEX GX 1200W, Win 11 Pro 64, Deepcool LS720 AIO, NZXT H7 Flow. Comfortably using Armoury Crate for updates/fan xpert.

claudej
Level 7
Me, I'm a geek, I install each Bios right away 🙂 . Never noticed a problem. I don't OC though (tried it, for me the gain is not worth the pain).
Just to say that each Bios worked right away. I do make changes in the Bios afterwards, but nothing fancy.
(I've had problems after initial hardware installation, due to bent CPU pins. Very tricky part in my opinion)
I guess there are hardware differences that explain your troubles.