cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Update On GX501 RMA

endowestern
Level 7
I sent my GX501 and charger in for RMA in December, and it shows that it was received on 12/27/17. I understand having a little delay due to the holidays, but it is now coming up on a month and there has been no update. I have emailed in, and gotten the canned "your device is in repairs" response.

I was told I would hear an update today, but got the same "I checked and your device is in repairs".

This is getting ridiculous as I am almost without a laptop for a month. I just want my laptop and charger back working so I can enjoy the machine I spent $3k on...
2 REPLIES 2

Bill
Level 7
Hello
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#:

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Thank you

VixusFoxy
Level 8
endowestern wrote:
I sent my GX501 and charger in for RMA in December, and it shows that it was received on 12/27/17. I understand having a little delay due to the holidays, but it is now coming up on a month and there has been no update. I have emailed in, and gotten the canned "your device is in repairs" response.

I was told I would hear an update today, but got the same "I checked and your device is in repairs".

This is getting ridiculous as I am almost without a laptop for a month. I just want my laptop and charger back working so I can enjoy the machine I spent $3k on...

Out of curiosity, what issue were you experiencing?
We've had several users (including myself) encounter issues with the battery's storage capacity and swelling, causing the keyboard to bulge.
The best part about ASUS ROG's $4000± Zephyrus GX501 laptops is undeniably, that
[they] [come] [with] [built-in airbags]
which take about 7 to 10 months to deploy. And can not be removed by the user, because that voids the warranty.
But that's an easter egg that ASUS won't admit exists, so don't tell anyone. 🙂