cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX X299-E Spectre v2 patched BIOS 1004

Amurtigress
Level 7
Oh darn, I only just saw that the 1102 BIOS is available now.

Still... here goes. I did the work and here's a 1004 bios with microcode 3C.

Maybe it is useful for something after all:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyrh4uedl7dvglr/ASUS_STRIX_X299_EFI_microcode_3c.zip?dl=0

BIOS 1004 with microcode 3C for Skylake-X.
DOES NOT SUPPORT KABY LAKE-X!
For use with the Flashback-feature of this board.

It is working fine so far on my ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming board.

This is meant for people who want to test possible performance loss, compatibility, etc.

DISCLAIMER:
I am not taking ANY responsibility for damage caused by this modified BIOS file or any improper use of it. Please get informed about the risks of updating your EFI!

Have fun!
-- Amurtigress of the ASUS ROG forum
7 REPLIES 7

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
As the new BIOS is now available, I doubt many will opt to risk flashing with this. There shouldn't be much difference between the two official builds. Have the Apex release working spot on here.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
As the new BIOS is now available, I doubt many will opt to risk flashing with this. There shouldn't be much difference between the two official builds. Have the Apex release working spot on here.

Well, one thing I've noticed on the 1102 bios is that my single core score dropped quite a bit, leading me to believe that turbo core isnt working properly, because when I overclock all cores to 4400, it gives the correct single core output.

(this is x299-e gaming and a 7980XE)

So this might be very helpful to me.

Chris123NT
Level 7
I'm curious, what did you use to mod the bios with the new microcode? None of the methods I tried could even read it.

Chris123NT wrote:
I'm curious, what did you use to mod the bios with the new microcode? None of the methods I tried could even read it.

I used UBU. Universal BIOS updater. It is a set of binary tools (including MMTool) that uses batch files modify .CAP, .BIN, etc. BIOS files. However I had to extract my own copy of the 3C microcode from Intel's latest microcode.dat and use that instead of UBU's internal database.

I hope that helps.

tistou77
Level 13
The bios 1102 lowering performance, I will also test the microcode on the 1004 (R6E) and see if it is really the microcode that reduces performance or if it's directly the bios
I have not looked with UBU yet, but I think I'll wait the 1.70, everything will be available
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

tistou77 wrote:
The bios 1102 lowering performance, I will also test the microcode on the 1004 (R6E) and see if it is really the microcode that reduces performance or if it's directly the bios
I have not looked with UBU yet, but I think I'll wait the 1.70, everything will be available

I'm pretty sure its the microcode, I have the exact same problem with the modded 1004 drivers on this page---turbo core no longer seems to be working as well as it used to, and its not the Spectre fix---I get the same single thread scores i used to if i lock the cores to 4.4 (which is overclocked, but would simulate a single thread turbo). Must be a bug or something in the microcode update that affects the ITB 3.0 effectiveness.

I'm gonna stick with the 1004 and hope i dont get hit with Spectre till they fix this.

tistou77
Level 13
Ah ok thanks, I do not need to test the microcode with the 1004
But I will try maybe 😄
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro