cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Bricked Bios - Expert Advice seeked

bilals
Level 7
Dear members,

I have an ASUS G75VW laptop, i did some changes in the bios settings i.e. changing boot order, saved and exit. Since then i am stuck with a black screen.

I did read old posts where they people suggested several steps to try to recover the bios to the original settings.

for example. the jumper method, removing the CMOS and finally the ctrl+home method to load asustek easy flash utility.

The first 2 methods did not work. However, when i tried the third method (ctrl+home), the flash utility screen was loaded.

My issue is i am getting the following error.

Please note that i have downloaded the BIOS image from ASUS website and renamed it to G75VW.BIN and i have formatted a 2GB flash drive (FAT, FAT32) and stored the bios image. Moreover, i stored the image on the root of my SSD and HDD. I have tried all different combinations of setups (i.e. ssd installed, ssd +hdd, ssd+hdd+usb and many more combinations) then used the ctrl+home however the result was always as shown in above image.

I am not sure if i am doing anything wrong or is the flash utility corrupted (is that even possible?). Since the flash utility is loading and showing "check system error" does it mean it is not able to find the BIOS image.

I need your advice please.
7 REPLIES 7

pigulici
Level 8
From what I see the battery it is charged under 20%, and that will not let you flash the bios.

Thanks for your reply. Initially i was trying with battery unplugged. However, for the last 2 days the battery is plugged in and charging. Still shows same error.

But what does this mean:

Update Platform:
Platform: Unknown
Version : Unknown
Build Date: Unknown
Build Time: Unknown

Please advise.

bilals wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Initially i was trying with battery unplugged. However, for the last 2 days the battery is plugged in and charging. Still shows same error.

But what does this mean:

Update Platform:
Platform: Unknown
Version : Unknown
Build Date: Unknown
Build Time: Unknown

Make sure the BIOS you downloaded is the correct one and check that it downloaded correctly. If problem still persists, check if the BIOS you are downloading is a newer version than the one that came with the laptop, if so, try to find the BIOS that came with the laptop.

asuusa wrote:
Make sure the BIOS you downloaded is the correct one and check that it downloaded correctly. If the problem still persists, check if the BIOS you are downloading is a newer version than the one that came with the laptop, if so, try to find the BIOS that came with the laptop.

I would add to this, I believe that last reliable BIOS for G75VW was 210 there were issues with 221 and 222 you can download the bios from Asus support download Extract the Zip file directly to the USB thumb drive you plan to use for BIOS update BIOS Files should not be copy and pasted or any other operations performed on them download the zip file and unzip to the USB.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Rawb4291
Level 7
bilals wrote:
Dear members,

I have an ASUS G75VW laptop, i did some changes in the bios settings i.e. changing boot order, saved and exit. Since then i am stuck with a black screen.

I did read old posts where they people suggested several steps to try to recover the bios to the original settings.

for example. the jumper method, removing the CMOS and finally the ctrl+home method to load asustek easy flash utility.

The first 2 methods did not work. However, when i tried the third method (ctrl+home), the flash utility screen was loaded.

My issue is i am getting the following error.

Please note that i have downloaded the BIOS image from ASUS website and renamed it to G75VW.BIN and i have formatted a 2GB flash drive (FAT, FAT32) and stored the bios image. Moreover, i stored the image on the root of my SSD and HDD. I have tried all different combinations of setups (i.e. ssd installed, ssd +hdd, ssd+hdd+usb and many more combinations) then used the ctrl+home however the result was always as shown in above image.

I am not sure if i am doing anything wrong or is the flash utility corrupted (is that even possible?). Since the flash utility is loading and showing "check system error" does it mean it is not able to find the BIOS image.

I need your advice please.

I’m having the same issue. Where is the cmos battery located?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rawb4291 wrote:
I’m having the same issue. Where is the CMOS battery located?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The BIOS utility won't update the BIOS unless our batter is holding enough power to maintain the notebook through the update with AC power. This is safety feature should you lose power during an update.

I would look to Youtube for videos on how to change the BIOS Battery
Ebay would be your best chance for a replacement battery and that would be flakey Better to find the actual battery components and replace them. just a few ideas, I have never had the issue. And just repeating solution I have seen posted over the years.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro