cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bracket for spare G73 HDD?

Retired
Not applicable
Hello. I just received a new ASUS G73JW laptop, and I am surprised to find that a bracket for the spare hard drive was not included with this computer. Can I buy a bracket from ASUS? Or, if not, could someone please point me to a bracket that will fit this computer?

I've already been to the local MicroCenter store - they tell me the bracket is made specifically for ASUS computers.

Seriously...I can't believe a bracket didn't come pre-installed.

Thank you!
13 REPLIES 13

thereturnfc
Level 7
same, im wondering about that too...

V2-V3
Level 8
The ASUS eStore had these in stock a while back but are no longer listed, I recommend checking the site for when they might be restocked.
ASUS eStore for the G73JW is here: http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=1628

Velcro or Hook and Loop tape will work well to secure your secondary hard drive.

Retired
Not applicable
Thank you, V2. I will keep an eye on that eStore!

Retired
Not applicable
Does anyone know what the asus manufacturer number is for the bracket to make it easier to search of it? I prefer not to have valcro and tape in my laptop if I can avoid it 🙂

Retired
Not applicable
we will be launching a new store and i have made a request to get these caddys in along with older gen g series notebooks

Retired
Not applicable
I used a couple of expanding foam earplugs to keep my 2nd drive in, and they work just fine. No sense in buying a caddy with these bad boys installed!

Retired
Not applicable
Getting closer...

At least its now listed on the US eStore.

Out of stock, but at least its progress!

Mason
Level 10
Hi all. The link for the HDD caddy on eStore is http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3018
We ship to US and Canada. We sold out yesterday within one day of adding the caddy to the website. We will have more stock available in about 1 week. There is a feature on eStore called, "notify me when product is available", which does just that.

Retired
Not applicable
They magically became available for ordering this morning again... I did sign up for the 'notify me', it did and I ordered one.