cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X hero and 8700k issues. -.-

Zfast4y0u
Level 7
so nothing but problems today. got 8700k and maximus x hero. it was oc'ed out of box at 4,8 ghz with 1.25v

i tested it and i dont like it at all, CPU is howering around 50-55 on some cores constantly, while usage is about 10%.

i went to reset bios, turned MCE off and set CPU core cash voltage to adaptive. now that fixed temps on avrange, most cores are hovering at 30c or lower but i still see 1 core or 2 in 40's and 50's sometime, also i see voltage going up and down sometime for split second to 1.3v ( core 3 when on 4,5 ghz)

thats kinda too much voltage for stock clocks? or its fine? on this manual overclock, voltage never goes up more then 1.25v, and cpu sits on 4,8ghz no matter what i do. when i set minimum cpu performance on 10%, nothing changes, and i have same problem on default settings in bios.

i disabled MCE like i said and vcore is on adaptive, whati have is voltages up to 1.3v on stock clock (peak for a second) and core clocks from 4,3 ghz to 4,7

cpu dosent go on idle, how to fix that? and are this voltage jumps normal or should it be concern to me?
60 REPLIES 60

Nate152
Hi Zfast4y0u

Give this a try:

Reset the bios to defaults (F5)
Set the AI Overclock Tuner to Manual
Sync all cores and set the cpu core ratio to 48, all cores will show 48.
Set the CPU Core/Cache voltage to Adaptive
Enter in 1.25v in the "Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage Override"
In the DiGi+ section set LLC to level 6

Be sure the windows power plan is set to balanced.

See how this goes and if your cpu is throttling speed and voltage at idle. If it is, run a stress test and see how much the cpu voltage is going over 1.25v, you can then set a negative offset however much it's going over.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Zfast4y0u

Give this a try:

Reset the bios to defaults (F5)
Set the AI Overclock Tuner to Manual
Sync all cores and set the cpu core ratio to 48, all cores will show 48.
Set the CPU Core/Cache voltage to Adaptive
Enter in 1.25v in the "Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage Override"
In the DiGi+ section set LLC to level 6

Be sure the windows power plan is set to balanced.

See how this goes and if your cpu is throttling speed and voltage at idle. If it is, run a stress test and see how much the cpu voltage is going over 1.25v, you can then set a negative offset however much it's going over.

https://ufile.io/lwye5

here is my profile, please check, whats wrong there to cause cpu being stuck to 4,8. most cores are in 30c, just few at 52, i guess cause cpu dosent iddle.

i really dont like to mess with things i dont really understand and cause more problems down the road, in end i will do it if nothing else helps.

Nate152
Thank you

1) Multicore Enhancement - Set this to disabled, on auto it's enabled.
2) CPU SVID Support - Enable this when in adaptive mode.

You can let the AI Overclock Tuner set to XMP and try the settings above.

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you

1) Multicore Enhancement - Set this to disabled, on auto it's enabled.
2) CPU SVID Support - Enable this when in adaptive mode.

You can let the AI Overclock Tuner set to XMP and try the settings above.

i did reset bios to default, disabled MCE, did adaptive mode on vcore and put enabled on cpu svid support, as soon im in windows voltage goes up and down from 1,2v up to 1.3v (crazy.) and core clocks dont go lower then 4,3 ghz, they are mostly at 4,3 but boost higher too.

im on adaptive power mode and cpu minimal performance is on 10% set. thats all what i changed there. this is annoying slowly.

can it be i have some software conflicts with bios?

Nate152
It sounds like the windows power plan is on high performance instead of balanced or something could be putting a load on your cpu.

1) After setting Adaptive Mode, did you enter 1.25v in the "Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage Override" ?

2) In DiGi+ did you set LLC to level 6 ?

3) Double check the windows power plan is set to balanced.

4) In Task Manager, click the processes tab and see if anything is putting a load on your cpu.

I'm pretty sure it's not a software conflict but more your configuration.

Please try these four things.

Nate152 wrote:
It sounds like the windows power plan is on high performance instead of balanced or something could be putting a load on your cpu.

1) After setting Adaptive Mode, did you enter 1.25v in the "Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage Override" ?

2) In DiGi+ did you set LLC to level 6 ?

3) Double check the windows power plan is set to balanced.

4) In Task Manager, click the processes tab and see if anything is putting a load on your cpu.

I'm pretty sure it's not a software conflict but more your configuration.

Please try these four things.

i just inspected my task menager closly and well.. this stupid program SOB!!

i just found out what was messing up with my clocks. my driver from scelus gaming mouse imagine, when i installed it, this anti virus crap, BULLGUARD detected part of it as malware, and removed the part of mouse, every time when i start pc and when log into windows. damn mouse try to go on internet for what ever reason. and i get error messages cause bullguard removed that part of program, now that caused my cpu to be constantly at 10-14% usage and that caused clocks to be at 4,8ghz at all times. i cant believe this.

after i unistalled it clocks drop as intended but my voltage still stay on 1.25v. thats now new problem.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/OhySXie2QwWJgOMTUruGIw.png

Nate152
All right

Check the windows power plan is set to balanced.

In the windows search box type in "power options" and see it's set to this.

Nate152 wrote:
All right

Nate152 wrote:
All right

i did that, its 10000% on ballanced and minimal cpu performance is on 10%, i checked 10x, its 1000% set correctly. something else is messing up with that setting in bios now, some conflict probably its this vcore set manually in bios, but i cant change vcore there on this oc profile for some reason.

here is pic

https://imgur.com/a/BKwCZ

i cant pick adaptive mode just those settings that are shown, idk if thats bug or something. if i reset settings to default then i can pick adaptive, but with oc profile not.

Menthol
Level 14
SVID has to be enabled or auto = enabled, for adaptive vcore to function