cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Z270-I Spectre BIOS Update?

luisv
Level 7
As per the following statement, the correct BIOS for the ROG STRIXZ270-I to be compliant is 1001; however, the product page hasn't been updated since 10/20/17 and shows v0814. Where's v1001?

https://www.asus.com/News/V5urzYAT6myCC1o2

70713 70714
9 REPLIES 9

elQuotho
Level 7
Hopefully still in testing or on hold, given the microcode updates for Spectre that Intel has released so far have been causing most of their CPUs from the last 6 years to reboot.

I understand what you're saying; however, the official statement should indicate it's under development, in testing, not available, etc and not provide a version number that isn't available to download.

Rough ETA?

luisv wrote:
Rough ETA?

What's the rush? Until Intel release the revised microcode, unless you need something else noted in the change logs then you're best off waiting for the next update.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I agree with the original poster. The statement isn't very clear at all in referencing a BIOS version that isn't listed and doesn't exist yet (outside of internal testing). The statement issued is not clear about that at all. It has nothing to do with being in a rush.

No rush, just don't provide an official statement indicating a BIOS version includes the fix, if that BIOS version isn't available. Doesn't make any sense. Very similar to this updated BIOS version that was posted yesterday for my AMD system... the date is newer, but the version number is out of sequence? Confusing to say the least...

Well, it's out now. It's "Version 1006" not "Version 1001" which was given in the statement. Amateur communication over at Asus.

ferrugia
Level 7
"Version 1010" was also just released but it says "Improve memory compatibility" so I'm assuming this has nothing to do with patching exploits