cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS updates vs. Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum XMP

seanbarkley
Level 8
HI people:

I start this thread with the hope somebody can guide me to a solution. I have an VIII Formula with this RAM:

Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory

The problem is whenever I try to install any BIOS update from 3101 on, the PC doesn't start up if I enable XMP. When I enable XMP and try to restart, the system freezes or gets stuck in a loop of codes (most of all 01 and 03) but it neves starts until I disable XMP. Have tried imputing the XMP values manually, increasing DRAM voltage but sadly nothing worked yet.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2

Menthol
Level 14
Could you please list all your hardware specs, including the exact memory kit part number, link
I would suggest updating your bios and Intel MEI just because of all the reported vulnerabilities
Is everything else in the bios on default settings and just XMP enabled?
What did you increase dram voltage to? 1.38?
You may have to input manually VCCIO and VCCSA voltages, try 1.1 to 1.25 for both of these

Menthol wrote:
Could you please list all your hardware specs, including the exact memory kit part number, link

First of all thanks for your help, you can see my hardware in this link: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/b37hP6

and my RAM kit is this one: CMD16GX4M4A2666C15

Menthol wrote:
I would suggest updating your bios and Intel MEI just because of all the reported vulnerabilities

Yep, that's basically what I'm trying to do and why I'm so interested in updating to the last BIOS, but I don't want to keep my RAM speed @ 2133MHz if possible 😞

Menthol wrote:
Is everything else in the bios on default settings and just XMP enabled?

Yep, I've tried with XMP on being the only change and still get the error.

Menthol wrote:
What did you increase dram voltage to? 1.38?

XMP increases the voltage to 1.20, so I tried with that value, with 1.25 and 1.30 without any luck

Menthol wrote:
You may have to input manually VCCIO and VCCSA voltages, try 1.1 to 1.25 for both of these

I'm not really used to doing that because that's bascally why XMP exists :D, but I'll try to figure out where those values are. Thanks for ur help again!