cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VSK hard crashes. 3 RMAs without problem being solved

nulmas
Level 7
I purchased a ROG G752VS last December. Since then, I've had to RMA my computer three times. The issue has never been solved, and in the last two the technicians say that no anomaly has been detected.

The laptop keeps crashing while playing games, similar to the case described in this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93688-G752VS-Crashing-Issues-(shuts-off-and-restarts-autom...

I suspect that the problem is due to the know issues with Geforces 1070 and Micron memory (I've confirmed that my laptop's graphics card uses Micron memory).

I've made sure that all software and drivers are up-to-date. Still, the games keep on crashing. I've tested this with Nioh, GTAV and Arkham Knight. All these games cause hard crashes eventually and cause the computer to restart. WWE2k18 in particular crashes constantly.

I've sent a report describing the situation in all three RMAs. In the first one, the SDD was replaced. Nothing was done in the other two.

I'm getting a bit desperate: I've already tried to ask for a replacement or a refund. Both the store where I bought the laptop and the distributor are willing, but Asus's representatives won't accept the laptop back.

What should I do to solve this issue? I spent nearly 3000€ on this laptop and it simply doesn't work properly. I'd like to see it repaired, if possible.

I recorded the following video showing a crash taking place: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sGC1ZyoncBdJ69JZyLRDhFuhzlYOYlAJ

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
6 REPLIES 6

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
I apologize for the inconvenience caused, please provide product S/N and RMA # to me and I'll have this rectified for you as soon as possible. Thanks.

I have sent you a PM with the requested info.

Thank you very much!

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
nulmas wrote:
I have sent you a PM with the requested info.

Thank you very much!

I have received your message, sorry for the inconvenience.

OnePiece@ASUS wrote:
I have received your message, sorry for the inconvenience.

Sorry to bother you, OnePiece, but could you give me a time estimate of how long it will take to start solving my issue?

I have to start working on a project soon, so I really need a properly functioning laptop as soon as possible.

Hey nulmas, this thread might be of help: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93688-G752VS-Crashing-Issues-(shuts-off-and-restarts-autom...

I am having the same issue and my local Asus is not aware of it being a known issue as it effects only a fraction of the series. I am fighting them to even look at that thread but they keep telling me to do a recovery. The laptop just came back from RMA and crashed within 10 minutes of booting up and playing.

The issue seems to have been resolved after I managed to convince the local repair center that the GPU needed to be switched.

I have received the laptop today, and so far so good.