Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with G-Skill on Motherboard X99

dantescrak05
Level 7
902/5000
best regard.

A few months ago I bought a G-Skill memory kit for my system, which is not exactly optimized for x99 systems, and I could not do well overcloking to the Ram, the case is that the technical support of G_skill gave me the supposed configurations of the bios so that my system was stable, but when running AIDA64 the system takes out blue screen and restarts, the only stable counterfiguration is 2.133 mhz with CL 15-15-16-36 2T at 1.20v, but I would like to know if there is a latency stable for a higher frequency like 2.666mhz or a lower latency than CL15 for 2.133mhz

The settings that I got from G_skill support are: (it does not work)
DRAM Frequency = 2666MHz
DRAM Voltage = 1.20V
CL Timing = 15-15-15-35
Command Rate = 2

Ram: G-Skill F4-3200C16Q-64GVK
MotherBoard: Asus X99-Pro / USB 3.1
CPU: Intel® Core ™ i7-5960X Extreme Edition

I hope you can help me.
22 REPLIES 22

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
That platform is not quite as good at handling higher density kits. You will likely need to relax sub timings from defaults. Try 2666 at the kits rated timings of 16-18-18-38 2T, firstly.

Tuning the VCCSA is key to finding stability on this platform, too. Especially with high density kits. Try VCCSA 1.15v and work up till 1.25v. Too much can be just as damning as too little voltage here. You will have to see what works best, every CPU is different. The same is applicable for VCCIO.
Also try increasing the DRAM voltage to 1.3v for that frequency.

If it proves too much trouble, return the kit and purchase one that is validated for your board.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
That platform is not quite as good at handling higher density kits. You will likely need to relax sub timings from defaults. Try 2666 at the kits rated timings of 16-18-18-38 2T, firstly.

Tuning the VCCSA is key to finding stability on this platform, too. Especially with high density kits. Try VCCSA 1.15v and work up till 1.25v. Too much can be just as damning as too little voltage here. You will have to see what works best, every CPU is different. The same is applicable for VCCIO.
Also try increasing the DRAM voltage to 1.3v for that frequency.

If it proves too much trouble, return the kit and purchase one that is validated for your board.

regards,

I only find the VCCIO CPU Voltage, but I can not find the VCCSA in my bios.

It should be noted that I do not have any overclokibg to the CPU, the CPU is by default

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
When you set XMP profile for 3200 16-18-18-38...what happened...would the system boot?

What happens if you try G.Skills suggestion but with 1.3v or 1.35v

In BIOS...what is your VCCSA reading? SA voltage

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
When you set XMP profile for 3200 16-18-18-38...what happened...would the system boot?

What happens if you try G.Skills suggestion but with 1.3v or 1.35v

In BIOS...what is your VCCSA reading? SA voltage

I tried with the XMP profile that is 3200 and the system ran well, but I count AIDA64Engineer (stability test) the system takes out blue screen and reboots.

dantescrak05
Level 7
maybe it could work at 3200 mhz with the XMP profile, but applying a little voltage in VCCSA, the problem is that I do not find that function in my BIOS

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.
CPU System Agent Voltage(VCCSA).
I was confused as you in the beginning of new bios.
Try to set SA to 1.15V and DDR voltage to 1.35V.And run test.If okay,you may try to lower voltages(DDR,SA).

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah system agent voltage...you can apply an offset of say 0.1v and then try 0.15....0.2...see if that gets you around the 1.1v (or higher if needed) mark and more stable.

There are also some options in the DIGI+ section you can try....set dram power to 120%...and phases to optimised

You can also add a touch of VDIMM...say 1.36...1.37v

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Yeah system agent voltage...you can apply an offset of say 0.1v and then try 0.15....0.2...see if that gets you around the 1.1v (or higher if needed) mark and more stable.

There are also some options in the DIGI+ section you can try....set dram power to 120%...and phases to optimised

You can also add a touch of VDIMM...say 1.36...1.37v

I decided to activate the xmp profile at 3200 mhz and I automatically adjust the value of VCCSA to 1.152v then activate the parameters in DIGI + section but in Aida64 I get an error.

will it be that I should disable the XMP profile and put in 2666mhz?

dantescrak05
Level 7
Although the AIDA64 shows that error, it has returned to show blue screen, but what I do notice is that the programs are a little unstable, since zbrush closes unexpectedly.