cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ASUS RMA Experience

TheDreadnaught7
Level 7
Alright so I'm going to start this off and say that I really really do love ASUS products. I have a Strix 7.1 headset, an ROG G752VY laptop, 2 ROG mice, and their tri band router thats expensive as hell. Alright with that out of the way I cannot express how much this has absolutely PISSED me off. So i have my Zenfone 3 which i love and care for, 2 layer case with a good tempered glass screen protector on it to protect it. It stopped working as in, the lcd screen just wouldnt come on anymore but it would unlock using fingerprint, i could hear the sound. It would play music when attached to a bluetooth speaker and hit the play button on it, so the phone is not bricked. Went through the RMA process and it was really easy, most of the time RMA sucks to deal with. During this my friend and I looked for possible bs fixes, maybe a setting or something stupid, but alas no such luck. We read on some forums on RMA issues and it scared me and my friend so what we did was take pictures (linked below everything on the wooden table) of every inch of the phone so just in case it were to "Arrive damaged" I can cover my own a**. Takes 4 days to ship the phone to the texas RMA center which i used UPS and put insurance on the package. It arrives and it just stays on waiting for 2 days, no updates, no emails nothing. At this point im worried and annoyed because sorry but I would like to have my phone, kinda need it. Fast forward to me giving up and calling them after another day, Lo and behold i get the answer that its damaged and they want $261 not including tax to fix the phone. Fast forward to my dispute because I have pictures that this phone was NOT damaged when being sent in. I even ziploc bagged the phone, put it in a box encased the phone in the first box with bubble wrap and then put that box in a larger box and bubble wrapped it as well as newspaper because I didn't want it damaged. So i dispute the issue and they send me a picture (linked below) of the damage. I was not pleased it looked like someone hit this phone with a soldering iron. The metal on the edge was lifted very slightly and gorilla glass 4 does not chip like that, especially not with a screen protector on it. But alas 4 phone calls later, 3 emails later and they tell me sorry, pay us and we will repair your phone, as well as pay us to ship it back to you. So I had read other stories of people getting screwed like this and I guess i'm not alone. This sucks and ASUS I no longer have ANY faith in your service department.

I will also say that this phone burned in my home screen the first DAY i had it. Permanent burn in and i couldn't rma the phone because they told me it could be a month. I needed my phone for work in construction at the time and couldn't handle not having it.

Hopefully this gets seen and maybe I get some help but im very doubtful and very pissed off. If this ever happens to me again im done with you ASUS, I will never buy another product, and neither will any of my friends, nor the people who i help build pcs be using your parts ever again.
3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Take it you've posted this here? https://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php

Different product, different department. Still less than stellar experience for you, but you may be better off posting this there.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I Actually did not post it there, I figured on the ASUS forums I may get more traction

cl-gayzel
Level 7
Hi, if you would allow I'd like to follow up and investigate the RMA history, please send me a personal message and I will try to help you as quickly as possible.