Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Axle Grease View Post
    Cool bananas! Congratulations on successfully patching your z87 mobo bios.

The challenge for me is to figure out a way to patch a BIOS for my Rampage 2 Extreme (x58) motherboard. The tools look.... unfriendly.
    I hear ya. I have an extremely old Intel P35-ICH9R (Abit IP35 Pro) with an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (Still runs Windows 10 fine ) that I've just given up thinking about updating via the BIOS.

I'm just going to wait for this Microsoft patch to get the Intel microcode updates: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rocode-updates

Intel will probably get to this ancient processor dead last in their list of microcodes they need to update and I expect Microsoft to get to adding it a month or two after that.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianMan View Post
    Thanks, I leave all the information of my CPU so please help me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and that's why it does not work for me.
    Attachment 72583

Motherboard BIOS: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...HelpDesk_BIOS/

Thank You!
    You have the exact same CPU as me (and I mean exact - model/stepping/revision etc..). You just need to use the flashback method of patching your bios to your motherboard.

Look on page 4 where I gave you a Youtube link on how to do it.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Axle Grease PC Specs
    Axle Grease PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme w/ BIOS 3801
    ProcessorIntel i7-5960X
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15Q-16GRR
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Corsair MP510 1.92TB (NVMe)
    Storage #22 X Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H110
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900D
    Power SupplyAntec HCP-1300 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX Silent switches
    Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
    Headset Kington HyperX Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine HD6
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys WRT1900ACS
    Accessory #1 HTC Vive (1st gen)

Thanks, I leave all the information of my CPU so please help me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and that's why it does not work for me.
    Attachment 72583

Motherboard BIOS: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...HelpDesk_BIOS/

Thank You!
    I used MMTool 4.50.0.23 which is closer to the age of your sabertooth.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlA7nS-QQfcxgp91bzvy3Yj4RMX5xg

Good luck.
    "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown

ROG Member Array

Good luck.
    I just tried with that file that you sent me, but unfortunately the error jumps again.
    "The model of the bios image does not match the ROM memory of the installed bios"

The fact of making Flash by USB gives me a little fear because if something goes wrong it is possible that the motherboard is completely brick.
    What else did I try to prove? or is it really better to wait until they get the official version?

New ROGer Array

I just tried with that file that you sent me, but unfortunately the error jumps again.
    "The model of the bios image does not match the ROM memory of the installed bios"

The fact of making Flash by USB gives me a little fear because if something goes wrong it is possible that the motherboard is completely brick.
    What else did I try to prove? or is it really better to wait until they get the official version?
    It sounds like you are still trying flashing methods other than using flashback. You are wasting your time. Any BIOS produced by UBU will NEVER work with anything besides flashback because they are not signed by ASUS (that is my understanding anyway).

So you either take the plunge and try to flash it or wait for ASUS to *maybe* update the BIOS with the latest microcode.

New ROGer Array

Good luck.
    I actually used the patched 5.02.0024 which works for both Aptio IV and V (my board has Aptio IV and is older than his).

Axle Grease PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7-5960X
    Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mlippold View Post
    I actually used the patched 5.02.0024 which works for both Aptio IV and V (my board has Aptio IV and is older than his).
    To quote Fernando from the Win-RAID forum, "Only the patched variant (see above) of the MMTool v5.2.0.24 is usable with many Aptio IV BIOSes (not all of them)."

I believe SebastianMan's Z97 Sabertooth may belong in the "not all of them" category.

https://www.win-raid.com/t154f16-Tool-Guide-News-quot-UEFI-BIOS-Updater-quot-UBU.html

However, using MMTool 4.50.0.23 made also made no difference. So I don't know...

I do have one suggestion. If you get the "The model of the bios image does not match the ROM memory of the installed bios" error trying his BIOS flashing method using your patched BIOS image, then that would instill some confidence to try the flashback method.
    "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown

Axle Grease PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7-5960X
    Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
    OS Windows 10 Pro

I'm starting to wonder if it is not via a USB stick then is it even possible to flash a modded BIOS image to a Z97 motherboard...

If you ever get over your fear then consider using this guy's method. You have a modded BIOS, so you can start from where he writes
    "Once you add in the updates modules of your choice..."

https://www.win-raid.com/t821f16-Gui...therboard.html

ROG Member Array

Question

I'm starting to wonder if it is not via a USB stick then is it even possible to flash a modded BIOS image to a Z97 motherboard...
    If you ever get over your fear then consider using this guy's method. You have a modded BIOS, so you can start from where he writes
    "Once you add in the updates modules of your choice..."
    https://www.win-raid.com/t821f16-Gui...therboard.html
    If perhaps it happens that updating with the BIOS patched by means of Flashback the Motherboard remains brick and does not start, is there the possibility of returning to the previous BIOS and that it works correctly again?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mlippold View Post
    It sounds like you are still trying flashing methods other than using flashback. You are wasting your time. Any BIOS produced by UBU will NEVER work with anything besides flashback because they are not signed by ASUS (that is my understanding anyway).

So you either take the plunge and try to flash it or wait for ASUS to *maybe* update the BIOS with the latest microcode.
    Hi, If perhaps it happens that updating with the BIOS patched by means of Flashback the Motherboard remains brick and does not start, ¿is there the possibility of returning to the previous BIOS and that it works correctly again?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast