cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8700K crazy temps on asus real bench.

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
HI. I have 8700K on stock with mobo Asus Z370 Pro Gaming + case Fractal Design R5. Cpu temps on games are fine 70C+.

When i run Asus Real Bench it skyrockets in stress test to 95C, and i am stopping test. Any ideas why it causing this?
My cpu cooler is Cryorig M9i.Cpu is not overclocked.

XMP profile enabled in bios on memory 3000mhz. UEFI STOCK bios. cpu clocks during test 4700mhz so i guess is oc on auto?
4 REPLIES 4

meankeys
Level 13
you can try and re tim and seat the cpu. other than that your temps seem about right on air. whats your voltage - and you said your on stock setting right

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Reseat the CPU, reapply TIM if necessary, and check for even mounting pressure as suggested above. Realbench encompasses AVX 2.0 workloads which will draw significantly more current than gaming will. The cooler is rated up to 120W, so should be sufficient at stock.

If not concerned with Handbrake encoding, or any other stability using AVX - my advice to you would be not to dwell on it too much. Unless you intend to use the system for said tasks. If temps are still an issue outside of these workloads, disable MCE (Multicore enhancement)

As a side note please understand that XMP is not stock, as in applying this you're overclocking the memory beyond Intel specification, and thus the CPU and the associated voltage rails, too.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
I dont know for sure but i think cooler is mounted properly and tim are ok. Of course my pc was plugging by my friend. He plugging all pc. So my question is. In games my temps are fine. So only programs like Prime or Real Bench make hot. Is any sense to replug cpu mounting?

lpiotrowski211 wrote:
I dont know for sure but i think cooler is mounted properly and tim are ok. Of course my pc was plugging by my friend. He plugging all pc. So my question is. In games my temps are fine. So only programs like Prime or Real Bench make hot. Is any sense to replug cpu mounting?

You might find reapplying the cooler and TIM helps with temps slightly, it's entirely up to you. As I mentioned above, if AVX workloads are not part of your daily routine, there's little point subjecting the CPU to them.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090