ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

8700K crazy temps on asus real bench.

HI. I have 8700K on stock with mobo Asus Z370 Pro Gaming + case Fractal Design R5. Cpu temps on games are fine 70C+.

When i run Asus Real Bench it skyrockets in stress test to 95C, and i am stopping test. Any ideas why it causing this?
    My cpu cooler is Cryorig M9i.Cpu is not overclocked.

XMP profile enabled in bios on memory 3000mhz. UEFI STOCK bios. cpu clocks during test 4700mhz so i guess is oc on auto?
    Last edited by lpiotrowski211; 01-21-2018 at 03:49 PM.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array meankeys PC Specs
    meankeys PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Apex / Maximus IX APEX / Rampage V EX V10
    Processor7920X / 5960X / 6950X / 7700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z - 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Zotac 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2Zotac 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #3ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 OC
    Monitor3 X ASUS V248Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCool Express SS
    Power SupplyThermaltake Tough Power Grand 1200W
    Keyboard Cyberus
    Headset Tittan
    OS Win 7 64bit
    Network RouterASUS

you can try and re tim and seat the cpu. other than that your temps seem about right on air. whats your voltage - and you said your on stock setting right

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Reseat the CPU, reapply TIM if necessary, and check for even mounting pressure as suggested above. Realbench encompasses AVX 2.0 workloads which will draw significantly more current than gaming will. The cooler is rated up to 120W, so should be sufficient at stock.

If not concerned with Handbrake encoding, or any other stability using AVX - my advice to you would be not to dwell on it too much. Unless you intend to use the system for said tasks. If temps are still an issue outside of these workloads, disable MCE (Multicore enhancement)

As a side note please understand that XMP is not stock, as in applying this you're overclocking the memory beyond Intel specification, and thus the CPU and the associated voltage rails, too.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ASUS; 01-22-2018 at 10:58 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I dont know for sure but i think cooler is mounted properly and tim are ok. Of course my pc was plugging by my friend. He plugging all pc. So my question is. In games my temps are fine. So only programs like Prime or Real Bench make hot. Is any sense to replug cpu mounting?

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lpiotrowski211 View Post
    I dont know for sure but i think cooler is mounted properly and tim are ok. Of course my pc was plugging by my friend. He plugging all pc. So my question is. In games my temps are fine. So only programs like Prime or Real Bench make hot. Is any sense to replug cpu mounting?

You might find reapplying the cooler and TIM helps with temps slightly, it's entirely up to you. As I mentioned above, if AVX workloads are not part of your daily routine, there's little point subjecting the CPU to them.