cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix RX480 FanControl

Leygion
Level 7
Hi,

I connected two Corsair ML140 fans on my RX480 fancontrol headers.
The headers on the GPU are 4 pins but it seems that GPUTweak controls the fans only in DC mode not PWM.

If I connect these fan on my MB the Led does not dimmed as the fan rev down, whereas when connected to the GPU the Led does not shine at all when the fans stopped.

Is there a way to control the fans in PWM mode with GPUTweak ?

Thanks for your answer
6 REPLIES 6

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you private message me your specs, Windows build, driver version and GPU Tweak version?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Corsair ML140s are PWM fans which should run fine when connected to the FanConnect 4-pin headers on your Strix RX 480.

The graphics card auto-detects if you have a PWM or DC fan.

When the fans are not spinning, it is a part of the design to stop power delivery. It is normal for the lighting to turn off when 0dB Fan is enabled. Now you have a visual display to let you know when the fans are active.

Not sure which motherboard your are using, so perhaps the design or settings are different.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
The Corsair ML140s are PWM fans which should run fine when connected to the FanConnect 4-pin headers on your Strix RX 480.

The graphics card auto-detects if you have a PWM or DC fan.

When the fans are not spinning, it is a part of the design to stop power delivery. It is normal for the lighting to turn off when 0dB Fan is enabled. Now you have a visual display to let you know when the fans are active.

Not sure which motherboard your are using, so perhaps the design or settings are different.

It is just that wen connected to the MB (Asus Strix z270F) the led shines with the same intensity whatever speed the fan are revovling. Whereas when connected to the GPU the led intensity rise and fell along with the fans rpm.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Did you try connecting one fan at a time? Did they both do the same thing?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Did you try connecting one fan at a time? Did they both do the same thing?

Yes I did test with both 1 or 2 fans connected to the GPU with the same results.

Leygion wrote:
Yes I did test with both 1 or 2 fans connected to the GPU with the same results.

In my MoBo Bios there is switch to choose between DC or PWM to control the fan could this be a feature the GPUTweak ?