cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX53VD BIOS is showing me a different model GL553VD?

WaelDimachkie
Level 7
Hello,

As you may have noticed I am a new member on this forum.

please allow me to explain my story as I am very confused with my laptop.

I have bought my laptop (Asus ROG FX53VD) and as far as I understood it is a refurbished laptop. I still bought it and it has been great using it.

However, when I access "Gaming Center" it tells me that my model type is GL553VD, I got confused at first, I thought I should visit the BIOS and get the real model from there and the serial number, I did that, but also the BIOS has my model type as GL553VD, I flipped the laptop to check the sticker that was there, but it also noted that it is an FX53VD model, so I began to wonder if my laptop is that model why isn't my keyboard colorful and only shines in red if ti was an actual GL553VD as per the BIOS.. I decided to visit ASUS website and try to register my product and that was the only way on their website to know my ACTUAL model type, Typed in my serial number (which was shown in the BIOS), but only to find out that it is actually an (FX53VD) notebook.

I am confused.. how and why is this happening.. what is my actual model type its really confusing.

Has anyone faced this kind of issue or thing before?

Much regards
2 REPLIES 2

guyz92
Level 7
WaelDimachkie wrote:
Hello,

As you may have noticed I am a new member on this forum.

please allow me to explain my story as I am very confused with my laptop.

I have bought my laptop (Asus ROG FX53VD) and as far as I understood it is a refurbished laptop. I still bought it and it has been great using it.

However, when I access "Gaming Center" it tells me that my model type is GL553VD, I got confused at first, I thought I should visit the BIOS and get the real model from there and the serial number, I did that, but also the BIOS has my model type as GL553VD, I flipped the laptop to check the sticker that was there, but it also noted that it is an FX53VD model, so I began to wonder if my laptop is that model why isn't my keyboard colorful and only shines in red if ti was an actual GL553VD as per the BIOS.. I decided to visit ASUS website and try to register my product and that was the only way on their website to know my ACTUAL model type, Typed in my serial number (which was shown in the BIOS), but only to find out that it is actually an (FX53VD) notebook.

I am confused.. how and why is this happening.. what is my actual model type its really confusing.

Has anyone faced this kind of issue or thing before?

Much regards

Asus GL553VD/FX553VD/GL53VD/FX53VD all shares the same Motherboard.

The only different is mainly the LED keyboard and ROG optimization found in GL series.

kdawg
Level 7
what is the model of motherboard? so they should all have the keyboard rgb input on motherboard then correct