cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors after setting AI Overlcock Tuner to XMP.

huddy
Level 7
When I set AI Overclock Tuner to XMP my asus formula x won't boot, and has a code of b1 on the board. I've got 2 x CorsVengLPX DDR4 4500 C19 8GB Sticks - I'm wondering if it's because it doesn't support 4500mhz.

It runs fine when set to Auto.

CPU is 8700k

Cheers
Billy
3 REPLIES 3

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
What frequency does AUTO run at?

That board has 4133 listed as max frequencty supported...and for that you probably have to work for it.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
For anywhere near those frequencies, you'd need to look at 2 DIMM boards such as the Apex. 4 DIMM layout you can realistically expect no more than 4000Mhz. This is why a bit of research can go a long way with these things.

Flagship memory kits such as the one you have purchased are more of a PR stunt, and should only be of appeal to benchmarking enthusiasts. You can either tune the memory at a lower frequency and reduce the timing sets, or purchase another memory kit. Top end, 3600-3866 is preferable for this board if wanting the best chance of plug and play with XMP.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Menthol
Level 14
Billy,
As stated above you will probably not achieve 4500mhz on this board, a couple things you can try with the kit you have
Set to XMP then manually enter 4133mhz
Manually enter all settings for 4133mhz
VCCIO and VCCSA voltages are the settings you may need to manually enter for memory stability
I currently have a 4133mhz kit on a X Code with 1.38 vdim, VCCIO 1.22v, VCCSA 1.23v , these 3 voltages manually entered (AIDA64 reads VCCIO and VCCSA higher than manually set so don't be surprised as monitoring software is only so accurate), VCCIO and VCCSA may need up to 1.3v it is a process to test after you get the system to boot you need to test for stability, to high voltage can also cause instability