cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FanExpert4 issue.Can't control RPM curve.What to do?

Marko911
Level 8
HI,I have a big problem with FanExpert4.I can't control pwm curve on my 3 noctua fans,and they started random ramping up and down.Does anybody have any idea what might be the issue?Fans ,x3 Noctua are connected on HIGH AMP fan header.Before,I couldn't control PWM curve which is set very sharp like 40C at 100%,but it never did that extreme until yesterday.I didn't install any new software or do anything on my PC except watching netflix .
First pic is NZXT Aer RGB 140mm connected to CPU FAN header,secnod pic is 3x Noctua on HIGH AMP fan header
18 REPLIES 18

sevpl
Level 7
I see that your fans depend on the VRM temperature. Earlier everything worked well?
The curve was working properly?

In my case it never worked properly, my fans are dependent on the VRM temperature and I am forced to use the BIOS.

sevpl wrote:
I see that your fans depend on the VRM temperature. Earlier everything worked well?
The curve was working properly?

In my case it never worked properly, my fans are dependent on the VRM temperature and I am forced to use the BIOS.

Not exactly,before I couldn't change pwm curve,but auto fan tuning did semi descent job until AI Suite stopped working,than again it started,but with this kinda of issues.it's too bad one can't manually set pwm curve..

broncogr
Level 10
Hello.
Are you using the latest Aisuite?
Did you have another monitoring software active when performing auto fan tuning?

broncogr wrote:
Hello.
Are you using the latest Aisuite?
Did you have another monitoring software active when performing auto fan tuning?

Yes,CAM for NZXT GRid+ but that CAM control ,not mobo.
And yes,latest AI Suite.(Which started working around two days ago),but I can't set PWM curve,changed source from CPU,VRM and liquid temp to just to CPU,but still..nadaa,can't change that pwm curve..

broncogr
Level 10
Try running auto fan tuning again without any other monitoring software active

broncogr wrote:
Try running auto fan tuning again without any other monitoring software active

Tried that,didn't help at all.Still same ****ty curve,and my ears were falling off.So I disconnected fans from HIGH AMP header and put another Grid controller,finally quiet PC at 750RPM . Now there is only one fan connected to CPU fan header because system wouldn't boot without it.Is it possible manually to override that block?

Have you tried turning off Extreme Quiet mode? Never saw the point in that anyway when you can control the fans manually. Also, it looks like you have multiple temperature sources controlling the fans which will adjust according to the highest temps from those selected.

Quozzo wrote:
Have you tried turning off Extreme Quiet mode? Never saw the point in that anyway when you can control the fans manually. Also, it looks like you have multiple temperature sources controlling the fans which will adjust according to the highest temps from those selected.

I tried every option on and off.one temps sensor,3x temp sources,nadaa same results.Manually I can set noctuas on high amp ,only min 1100rpm and max 1450rpm.That's horrible.It's way too loud,I don't think fan xpert is even registering accurately rpm ,because on grid+ 1000rpm isn't close to this level of noise.

Raja
Level 13
1) To disable the F1 halt message, set CPU fan to "ignore" in the monitoring page of UEFI.

2) There may be some conflict between the NZXT software/service and Fan Xpert, or the splitter used is sending back more than one tach signal. You can debug both by trying one thing at a time (uninstall other software, try a single fan with no splitter).

3) If number 2 doesn't check out, you can also try controlling the fans via UEFI, just to see if the issue lies in software.