cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG GL502VS-DB71 Keyboard not working post FCU

Poolequery
Level 7
Recently I have used the existing GL502VS SMART setting workaround to update my Windows to the Fall Creators Update, which resulted in my laptops keyboard from working properly. I've already tried updating my drivers through third party software and device manager, driverpack solution was able to find out that the driver "ASUS Number Pad" was not working properly and tried reinstalling it only to end in failure. I tried using device manager to update the driver only to get the error "Driver not intended for this platform", manually installing doesn't work either. So I tried rolling back to 1607 (the version I was on with no issue) but Windows failed rolling back (I was stuck on the BIOS screen) and whenever I try doing the same selection in my settings it just says "You can't go back" even though my Windows.old folder is still intact. Finally I tried using a recovery point I had created prior to my update process but not even that worked. Unfortunately sending this computer to ASUS is not an option because I live in Turkey.. what should I do as of now??

My keyboard does work in BIOS however, just not in Windows so I'm assuming it's purely a driver compatibility issue in the current Windows version. I'm currently using a USB Keyboard at the moment, and my trackpad is working flawlessly so far. No other issues other than my keyboard.

EDIT: Rolling back to Windows 10 1607 using a USB was the only solution I found, the problem was driver incompatibility with the current version of Windows. If any ASUS rep sees this they should see to informing the engineers to look into this.
1 REPLY 1

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Please refer to the following information and test again.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013060/#