cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Fan speed manual settings? GL503VS

_H0PE_
Level 7
Hi guys,

Bought the above laptop yesterday, and set the fan speed to manual in the ROG Game center (or how you call it), but then I don't see the actual manual setup, where can I change the fan speed based? I would like to set up % based speed based on actual GPU/CPU celsius.
Or I should just try and use other apps for this, in case this option isn't available?
2 REPLIES 2

Lord_Obsidian
Level 9
_H0PE_ wrote:
and set the fan speed to manual in the ROG Game center (or how you call it), but then I don't see the actual manual setup

I don't understand it properly: what do you mean with "then I don't see the actual manual setup". It disappeared after set the fan speed to manual?
ROG Gaming Center has FanBoost (or FanOverboost) tab next to ROG Aura Core, in the row beneath the screen.

_H0PE_ wrote:
Or I should just try and use other apps for this, in case this option isn't available?

Don't thinks it's a good idea: side fan control utilities (unlike proper hardware monitors) are too inaccurate and there is no guarantee that you will get what you have set with interface. For example, SpeedFan shows two fans while my laptop has only one. Use ROG Gaming Center: it's directly calibrated for your notebook.

Sorry for being misinformative.
What I ment is that I set it to turbo on the app. That functions okay. However I would like to set it on a manual setting (which is nonexistent in the setting of the Rog app). Installed MSI afterburner but as I suspected it got no access to the fans.
The question is that I saw some other rog laptop video in the past month but I cannot find it. There was an app (embedded or additionally downloaded?) in the rog center or a part of it where the guy was able to move a slider as a % based fan speed control.
I was checking out the Rog app folders for such exe file however I couldn't find it.

Question1:
Is there an official manual control mode of the fans in the laptop?

Question2: Also are there some recommended apps for parking the cpu/gpu, lowering performance when you just working on the laptop or embedded "part" of the rog app center that I miss (I cannot find such opstions).

I've found a cool post on anandtech, regarding Intel Dynamic Platform @ Thermal Framework Driver.
Question3:
I cannot see this one installed by default, what is your experience with it guys? Should I install it or just leave it? I love the idea that under power control there are special areas where you could configure the fan speed and power consumption of the cpu in a 1-5settings, but I never saw this before (and nonesixtent on my current install).

Lot of questions sorry, I feel this is the same topic though different apps/requests.