cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectre/Meltdown bios update for all G and GL series and other desktop motherboard

Nevortic
Level 8
Guys there is a new link where you can download the new firmware for your laptop. i hope this is usefull for you. bye

https://www.asus.com/News/q5R9EixxfAqo1anZ

old post
There is a link where you can see the status of the update.

https://www.asus.com/ae-en/support/FAQ/1035323

Edit by cl-Albert 8/15/18: Hope it's okay to share your post Nevortic, but wanted to make it a little easier for everyone to find this information below.

44 REPLIES 44

Lord_Obsidian
Level 9
Nevortic, thank you for providing actual information.
By the way, did anyone notice promised 20% performance decrease after microsoft patch (KB4056892)? I tested only Dark Souce III, fps still the same.

Lord Obsidian wrote:
Nevortic, thank you for providing actual information.
By the way, did anyone notice promised 20% performance decrease after microsoft patch (KB4056892)? I tested only Dark Souce III, fps still the same.

I did not notice any change in performance and the benchmarks I made on the CPU remained unchanged. Also, I can tell you that my GL502VMK which has an i7 7700HQ has a lot more scores than other laptops of other brands. Also I want to tell you that the processor is undervolted at -100mV and I decreased the current to 50 A despite all this, the processor still has the highest scores of all.
The CPU has peaks of 86 degrees and the GPU only reaches 64 ° stable.

Nevortic wrote:
I did not notice any change in performance and the benchmarks I made on the CPU remained unchanged. Also, I can tell you that my GL502VMK which has an i7 7700HQ has a lot more scores than other laptops of other brands. Also I want to tell you that the processor is undervolted at -100mV and I decreased the current to 50 A despite all this, the processor still has the highest scores of all.
The CPU has peaks of 86 degrees and the GPU only reaches 64 ° stable.

Which GPU?

carlotti wrote:
Which GPU?

GTX 1060
MAX CORE FREQUENCY 1911 Mhz

GL702VS Bios 307 was released yesterday.

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-GL702VS/HelpDesk_BIOS/

how about GL502VS not GL502VSK
Or is it the same model?
Thanks for the bios update asus team...:)

edit: thanks for the info Nevortic

blackfish wrote:
how about GL502VS not GL502VSK
Or is it the same model?
Thanks for the bios update asus team...:)

It is not the same model. You can submit a specific request for this model through assistance on the site.

But what about older laptops, like GL552VW? I did not see this model on this list. Do you think it will get the update?

mtuchalski wrote:
But what about older laptops, like GL552VW? I did not see this model on this list. Do you think it will get the update?

I think the update does it only for the seventh generation of the CPU. It is a strategy to encourage owners of such cpu to buy new PCs. If I can give you some advice, wait for the next generation to the octave as there will be huge changes.