Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    They uploaded a new version for the GL502VSK on August 2nd. It only says "improve system performance" but it's probably related to this meltdown/spectre thing.
    Has Someone tested this Bios? What they have improve? Didy they have a list of changes?
    I will not make a Bios Update on my notebook without a change to downgrade it back. I have read that is not easy to downgrade back.

Thanks for reply.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kos1984 View Post
    Has Someone tested this Bios? What they have improve? Didy they have a list of changes?
    I will not make a Bios Update on my notebook without a change to downgrade it back. I have read that is not easy to downgrade back.

Thanks for reply.
    Man, I'm almost pushing the button for this BIOS update, the curiosity is killing me.
    But you know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So I guess I'm gonna wait a few more days.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array toronto699 PC Specs
    toronto699 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752-VY-DH78K , G751-JYDH72X
    MotherboardRog Tytan G30AB
    Processori7-4770K
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Gold20th GTX980Ti
    Sound CardDell X-Fi Audigy SoundBlaster
    Monitor3 Acer K272HL
    Storage #1118 GB/OS
    Storage #22.72 TB
    CPU CoolerIntegrated Liquid-Cooled CPU
    CaseG30AB
    Power SupplyAsus 700 Watt
    Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Diamond Back
    Headset Sony Studio Professional , Razer Seiren Mic
    Mouse Pad Razer FireFly
    Headset/Speakers Logittech 5.1 Z-5500
    OS W 10
    Network RouterSagemon Fast 5250 Hub 2000

Windows 10 , Up Date has meltdown/spectre Updates KB4100347: Intel microcode updates
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...windows-server

Quote Originally Posted by toronto699 View Post
    Windows 10 , Up Date has meltdown/spectre Updates KB4100347: Intel microcode updates
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...windows-server
    I'm more curious if there's any performance improvement. The only thing it says on the download page is "Improve System Stability", so I wonder what's that really about. I don't really care about this spectre/meltdown thing.

Well, curiosity got me and I pulled the trigger on the BIOS update. On my last attempt to get something out of ASUS support, they told me this new bios does NOT patch the meltdown/spactre vulnerabilites, so I decided to push the button.

No performance difference as far as I can tell. Same scores in 3dmark, heaven bench and Cinebench, but I noticed the CPU now runs a little bit cooler, like 5c less then it used to and the temps seems to not jump up and down too much like before. Because of that now the GPU also runs a bit cooler (both are connected to the same heat pipe) in games. I still don't know what exactly they have changed, since the clocks, voltages and everything else seems to be the same. I'll investigate more.

Also, meltdown/spectre is indeed not patched. Checked it using InSpectre.

No problems whatsoever, rock solid stability and slightly better temps. I'm giving this one a thumbs up.

New ROGer Array

Thumbs up

No GL502VMK

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well, and still no Update for the GL702VMK. Very disappointing asus...

Don't bother with this whole mentdown/spectre bs. Not gonna do you any harm. Also, if you're worried about it, w10 already patched it some time ago with an update. Check if you're "safe" using InSpectre.
    I used it to disable both patches. AC Odyssey runs a lot better now for some reason, even tho scores were the same on different cpu benchmarks.
    Last edited by FULLMETALJACKET7; 01-04-2019 at 01:26 AM.

Hi i am using Asus GL702VMK BIOSver:302 one with i7 7700HQ kaby lake and gtx 1060 , cpu is undervolted -100mV in throttle stop.I dont have any issues with the CPU unless i play games with turbo boost turned ON temperatures of CPU hit 91C and then i got thermal throttle , but that is not what concerns me ill do repaste and temperture would drop and i will fix thermal throttle issue ...What concers me is Power Limit Throttle and Reliability Voltage in HWmonitor on gtx 1060 i need to play rainbow six siege just for one minute and i got those power limits.GPU-z is showing max 1.0120V , core clcok is dropping to 16xx , 17xx , and i think it should run on 18xx without issues.For Voltage i am not sure is that enough or is it too much ?And if somebody knows what are fixes on BIOS 303 should i flash?
    Thanks

EDIT:Updated Bios to v303 no improvment, i tried with/without CPU undervolt it doesnt affect anything , just what i saw now is Power limit throttle while playing on 120fps and core clock runing on 16xx-17xx 0,9V , when i lock fps on 60 then i got Reliability Voltage Limit core clock goes on 1860 but voltage goes on 1,0500V.What am i try to do is repaste CPU and GPU and trying with dual channel memory because now i am on single 8gb ddr4.
    Last edited by Beamazing; 01-04-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamazing View Post
    Hi i am using Asus GL702VMK BIOSver:302 one with i7 7700HQ kaby lake and gtx 1060 , cpu is undervolted -100mV in throttle stop.I dont have any issues with the CPU unless i play games with turbo boost turned ON temperatures of CPU hit 91C and then i got thermal throttle , but that is not what concerns me ill do repaste and temperture would drop and i will fix thermal throttle issue ...What concers me is Power Limit Throttle and Reliability Voltage in HWmonitor on gtx 1060 i need to play rainbow six siege just for one minute and i got those power limits.GPU-z is showing max 1.0120V , core clcok is dropping to 16xx , 17xx , and i think it should run on 18xx without issues.For Voltage i am not sure is that enough or is it too much ?And if somebody knows what are fixes on BIOS 303 should i flash?
    Thanks

EDIT:Updated Bios to v303 no improvment, i tried with/without CPU undervolt it doesnt affect anything , just what i saw now is Power limit throttle while playing on 120fps and core clock runing on 16xx-17xx 0,9V , when i lock fps on 60 then i got Reliability Voltage Limit core clock goes on 1860 but voltage goes on 1,0500V.What am i try to do is repaste CPU and GPU and trying with dual channel memory because now i am on single 8gb ddr4.
    Hitting the power limit on the GPU is perfectly normal. No issues there. That's how turbo boost on pascal gpu's work. It will clock as high as it can, within power and thermal limits. You can improve it by undervolting the gpu, but it will eventually hit the power limit anyways.
    If you cap the fps it will show a voltage limit, also normal.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast