cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Won't Wake on Lid Open

Enterfrize
Level 8
Hi All!

I noticed a peculiar problem recently. I have no idea exactly when it started or obvious changes that would have caused it. After my computer hibernates or sleeps when I close the lid, I can't awaken the machine without pressing the power button. Normally, opening the lid would be enough to reactivate the computer.

Has anyone else experienced this? Changing the wake on lid open setting in the bios (turning off or on) makes no difference. It is currently on.

Running Windows 10 64 bit of course.

Regards,
Enterfrize
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
Maybe the last Windows update changed it? You might also look at the Windows settings.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Maybe the last Windows update changed it? You might also look at the Windows settings.

I was wondering that too. I noticed it during the first week of January shortly after all the meltdown hooplah.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Regards,
Enterfrize

Enterfrize
Level 8
I think I found the solution / cause. Peculiar though.

I switched the lid control to sleep instead of hibernate. It can wake up from sleep no problem. I thought I remembered it being able to wake the same way from hibernate, though.

Is lid wake limited to sleep mode and not hibernate?

Regards,
Enterfrize

xeromist
I believe hibernate is essentially the same power state as being powered off so the sensor for the lid wouldn't be active.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Do not use Sleep or Hibernate with these machines.

Either shutdown, or leave it running. Drivers, such as the touch pad get stuck in limbo and refuse to work until disabled and re-enabled, or a reboot is performed.

Sleep / Hibernate has never been healthy for any machine anyhow.

Darnassus wrote:
Do not use Sleep or Hibernate with these machines.

Either shutdown, or leave it running. Drivers, such as the touch pad get stuck in limbo and refuse to work until disabled and re-enabled, or a reboot is performed.

Sleep / Hibernate has never been healthy for any machine anyhow.

Try this to resolve trackpad issue; it worked for me (for the trackpad):

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93026-Temporary-fix-for-the-touchpad-bug-on-G752VS

Regards,
Enterfrize

cdma2k
Level 7
any update on this wake on lid open issue? I got the same problem

BTW, the sleep/hibernation is an important feature for me to keep the desktop working environment without setting it every time I turn on the laptop